Main Menu

2000AD showcase to be released in u.s!

Started by oscam, 23 August, 2003, 03:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieB

Look, I know that some of the stories selected to go in Showcase may not be to the tastes of the message board, but we need to keep pushing 2000 AD on as many levels as possible, and there's a lot we want to get out there.

J-Bo-1

Tex Hex

Tu-plang

The Scrap is possibly the best thing you could put into it in my opinion.

JamieB

I have high hopes for CABALLISTICS ;)

J-Bo-1

JamieB

It's not pencilled in yet, but watch this space...

J-Bo-1

Leigh S

This whole reprint idea is potentially great news - Wardog got a disproportionate slagging because of the game tie-in IMO (not that it was a modern day classic or anything)-whatever becme of the game BTW?

My only fear is that it doesnt become a *erm* showcase for the next wave of Brit talent to desert the progs and leave us high and dry again! :)

Leigh S

Oddboy

Hmm I get the feeling that Wardog is to be put out early in the ShowCase run might be something to do with Rebellion being a Gaming company...

I didn't think the story was as bad as most would say, but I think that there are definitely stronger stories that should come out earlier.

Not that it really bothers me, because as I've got almost all of the progs/megs I try not to buy reprints anyway... as much as I'd like to.
However - I might just have to get the CabInc ones though!
Better set your phaser to stun.

JamieB

CABALLISTICS will have colour covers (most likely painted by Dom Reardon), but the interiors will remain in B/W ? AS THARG INTENDED. Ditto for any other b/w strips, incidentally.

J-Bo-1

Art

Hurrah! And no half assed Quality style stretching either, I trust?

JamieB

Thanks to 2000 AD's US-resize friendly format (it's in proportion to the US size of 258 x 170mm), the resized pages should look fine.

For older thrills, we might have to do something a bit bleurgh like centre the pages and just have larger borders, but I won't stretch or distort any art, period. I consider doing so to be extremely rude, frankly.

J-Bo-1

Oddboy

Re: current poll

Could people PLEASE check the spelling & caps of thier votes...
i.e. currently there is one vote for "Sinister Dexter" and one vote for "sinister dexter"... you can ammend your answers to fit y'know.

Also - to whoever voted for Harry 20: You do know it's being reprinted in the JD Megazine right now don't you?

Generally Contrary

I will join this thread late to say that I think this is one of the most positive moves we've heard of in years.  If these US reprints were successful and if the creators collect competitive royalties then this could be a means by which 2000AD keep more of their best writers/artists for longer.

But my mind keeps imagining the muddy coloured 2000AD Showcase put out by Quality.  J-Bo's promises reassure, but they cannot erase the memories...

Oddboy

You'll have to wait until 30th October to find out for yourself...http://www.2000adonline.com/images/artwork/Showcase-1a_medium.jpg">