Main Menu

Code 99 Red - new C.D.

Started by DavidXBrunt, 02 September, 2003, 04:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidXBrunt

Just to give a heads up that John Ainsworth has posted over at www.gallifreyone.com that the latest Judge Dredd C.D. is ready for release this week, which is nice.

DavidXBrunt

And, over a week later it's here.

And it's a belter. It'd have to be to make up for the delays... As you'd expect from a Jonathon Clements script there's a lot of humour, some clever stuff, and some twists and turns. Best Dredd C.D. to date? Definatley.

CGI_squirrel

Never bothered with any of the audio CDs. Are they really as good as people say?

Last of the V8's

Got mine today. Havn't had a chance to listen yet.

Devons Daddy

they seem to be either love or loathe.
 i love them. they have got progressivley better.
they are not progs. but a decent way to spend a quiet time.

for real standard get the SD ones. which sadly dont sell as well they say.but they are superb.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Lobo Baggins

++As you'd expect from a Jonathon Clements script there's a lot of humour, some clever stuff, and some twists and turns. Best Dredd C.D. to date? Definatley.++

He's also using the Judge Dredd Roleplaying Game for source material, too.

Which is nice.

Did I mention that my first solo effort, The Rookie's Guide to the Undercity, is coming out in January?  Hmm?
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

DavidXBrunt

Tor - they are getting much better. If you want to try one try this one, 'Trapped on Titan', 'I heart Judge Dredd' or either of the Stronty tales.

CraveNoir

You can get a sample of Trapped on Titan from GAME.

They're supposed to have a sample of Wanted: Dredd or Alive, but they screwed up the link on the page.

You can get it here:
http://downloads.game.net/game.net/audio/wanteddreddoralive.wma

Link: http://shop.game.net/lowdown.aspx?lid=2842" target="_blank">GAME Dredd Downloads

Last of the V8's

Listened to 99 Code Red and it is one of the best Dredd stories on CD so far.
Funny, loads of references to Dredds world, Max Normal is it it, and best of all Dredd features heavily.
It's also directed by Nicola Bryant,the same Nicola Bryant that was a Doctor Who assistant?

Lobo Baggins

++It's also directed by Nicola Bryant,the same Nicola Bryant that was a Doctor Who assistant?++

That's her.  She's also in 'Trapped on Titan'.  
The wages of sin are death, but the hours are good and the perks are fantastic.

judge dreddd

they are ACE,, but then i like dredd and i also like radio plays so maybe biased... definately worth a shot...mm..wonders if any on e-bay and flies off...

CGI_squirrel

Where can I get hold of one of the radio plays? I don't think I've ever seen them in my local WHSmith, although I might be wrong...

judge dreddd

radio 4... for radio plays... though you can usually get their sherlock holmes ones in the library ( well worth finding )

judge dreddd

tell you what tor, i have the one with dredd on a run away train ... i can swap yer for a graphic novel or somet... email me if interested...

dreddz
da law