Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Loving husband and father suddenly starts trying to fuck his step-daughter; discovers he has brain tumour. Once the tumour is removed he no longer exhibits paedophile tendencies. This proves and disproves nothing (and I'm certainly drawing no moral equivalence beween homosexuality and paedophilia), except that there's probably a number of factors- physiological, neurological, experiential and societal- to everything we are and do. 

Some folk are fat because they love cake, others because of some biologically determined reason, most because of a combination of the two. That last statement works just as well if you alter the vowel sound in 'cake'.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: bikini kill on 26 May, 2012, 10:38:26 PM
Some folk are fat because they love cake, others because of some biologically determined reason, most because of a combination of the two. That last statement works just as well if you alter the vowel sound in 'cake'.

So you're telling us you're a fat-fag?

House of Usher

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 May, 2012, 10:16:00 PM
Once read a report about a man with dissociative identity disorder -multiple personalities- one of his personalities was gay -sexually active- while the rest were straight -also sexually active- that throws up all sorts of questions.

D.I.D. is quite a controversial diagnosis these days. It comes under the heading of possible iatrogenic disorders, i.e. disorders which are created via the intervention of doctors, e.g. the patient producing symptoms to please the doctor or in order to fit in with the doctor's assumptions about the nature of the patient's condition. Some psychiatric patients definitely are dissociative, but the evidence for multiple personalities is sketchy.
STRIKE !!!

Roger Godpleton

If only you had multiple personalities. Then one of them could do all of the modding that you seem to think you are above doing.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: House of Usher on 26 May, 2012, 11:07:11 PM
D.I.D. is quite a controversial diagnosis these days. It comes under the heading of possible iatrogenic disorders, i.e. disorders which are created via the intervention of doctors, e.g. the patient producing symptoms to please the doctor or in order to fit in with the doctor's assumptions about the nature of the patient's condition. Some psychiatric patients definitely are dissociative, but the evidence for multiple personalities is sketchy.

Isn't that why they changed the original term from 'multiple personality' to 'D.I.D.'?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 26 May, 2012, 11:12:36 PM
If only you had multiple personalities. Then one of them could do all of the modding that you seem to think you are above doing.

If you had an extra one you could pop-fuck too.

Roger Godpleton

The fact that you call it that tells me that your're not ready.

Trout

As usual, this thread is the human race's nadir.

Roger Godpleton

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Trout on 26 May, 2012, 11:29:41 PM
As usual, this thread is the human race's nadir.

Best place to start anything.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 26 May, 2012, 11:27:37 PM
The fact that you call it that tells me that your're not ready.

My 'your ares' are fine thanks.

Roger Godpleton

I've made a huge mistake.

Trout

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 26 May, 2012, 11:39:44 PM
I've made a huge mistake.

You should knock before you enter a bedroom.

Roger Godpleton

House of Usher

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 26 May, 2012, 11:22:59 PM
Quote from: House of Usher on 26 May, 2012, 11:07:11 PM
D.I.D. is quite a controversial diagnosis these days.

Isn't that why they changed the original term from 'multiple personality' to 'D.I.D.'?

That didn't fix it. One school of thought has it that people still don't have multiple personalities (unless a doctor tells them they have, in which case many are happy to oblige).
STRIKE !!!