Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

Quote from: Goaty on 10 October, 2014, 09:27:23 AM
Labour Party would be better with new leader than gormless Ed? Not too late to change the leader?

Yep, Labour should be cleaning up in these difficult times. Ed proving a terrible choice. Seems it's just too hard to find a principled AND popular leader.

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Steve Green on 10 October, 2014, 09:49:08 AM
Quote from: Richmond Clements on 10 October, 2014, 09:43:11 AM
Well done England for voting in a racist party. This is why we wanted a yes vote. We don't want to be rules by nazis.

Aren't moderators supposed to moderate, not Godwin threads, Rich?

That was me being moderate!

Steve Green

Quote from: Fungus on 10 October, 2014, 09:50:38 AM
Quote from: Goaty on 10 October, 2014, 09:27:23 AM
Labour Party would be better with new leader than gormless Ed? Not too late to change the leader?

Yep, Labour should be cleaning up in these difficult times. Ed proving a terrible choice. Seems it's just too hard to find a principled AND popular leader.

It would have been interesting to see what his brother would have made of it, I can't imagine he'd try again.

I'm not sure if Chuka Ummuna will put his name up when Miliband goes.

Old Tankie

I thought Scotland voted "No".

8-Ball

Quote from: Old Tankie on 10 October, 2014, 09:59:10 AM
I thought Scotland voted "No".

55% did. The rest had more sense.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Spikes

Well done England for voting in a racist party. This is why we wanted a yes vote. We don't want to be rules by nazis.

Oh dear...

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

It makes me laugh when Scottish nationalists attack UKIP for espousing nationalist policies. I guess it looks like there's a difference to you guys, because hating the English is fine but hating Europeans is racist.

However, I am looking forward to engaging in the inevitable EU referendum in defence of the UK's membership.

The Legendary Shark

Unfortunately, we are already ruled by Nazis - it's just that the "main parties" have learned to hide it more effectively.
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the marriage of business and state." Mussolini.
Are Scottish Nationalists Snazis?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

8-Ball

Quote from: Spikes on 10 October, 2014, 10:31:12 AM

Oh dear...

Oh dear indeed. Up here, north of the border, October 9th will forever now be known as England's day of shame.  :'(

By the way, before this gets out of hand, I am joking. I don't agree with the Clacton result but the people have spoken.

NapalmKev

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 October, 2014, 10:55:40 AM
Unfortunately, we are already ruled by Nazis - it's just that the "main parties" have learned to hide it more effectively.
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the marriage of business and state." Mussolini.

This is turning into absolute Nonsense! How is England ruled by Nazis? I don't like the Tories (or UKIP) but to suggest that we are governed by Nazis is just plain Crazy!

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: NapalmKev on 10 October, 2014, 11:01:05 AM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 10 October, 2014, 10:55:40 AM

This is turning into absolute Nonsense! How is England ruled by Nazis? I don't like the Tories (or UKIP) but to suggest that we are governed by Nazis is just plain Crazy!

Cheers
I believe Sharky is refering to the powers that be being corporate fat cats.

GordonR

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 10 October, 2014, 10:55:15 AM
It makes me laugh when Scottish nationalists attack UKIP for espousing nationalist policies. I guess it looks like there's a difference to you guys, because hating the English is fine but hating Europeans is racist.

This'll be news to all the English (and Polish, Irish, Swedish, Australian and American) people I know living here in Scotland who voted Yes last month.

8-Ball

The worst thing about the Independence debate was when it was hijacked by outside interests cough Nigel Farage cough who tried to reframe the issue as "Scotland versus England" for their own twisted shit-stirring purposes. Now, that is not to say that there weren't a few YES voters who went into the voting booth with an anti-English sentiment but that is their problem not mine.  :D

JamesC

Quote from: GordonR on 10 October, 2014, 11:20:49 AM
Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 10 October, 2014, 10:55:15 AM

This'll be news to all the English (and Polish, Irish, Swedish, Australian and American) people I know living here in Scotland who voted Yes last month.

Collaborators!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: 8-Ball on 10 October, 2014, 10:56:46 AM
I don't agree with the Clacton result but the people have spoken.

Unfortunately, what they've said is: http://youtu.be/2iXPMN_ys8w "We're an uninformed gang of prejudiced fucktards who nothing about UKIP except that Nigel Farage will keep those nasty foreigners out of this 90%+ white English town and do something about all those stupid human rights we have."[/url]

Bah.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.