Main Menu

Quarter Finals: 1 - Garth Ennis or Ian Edginton - Ultimate not Wagner Tourney

Started by Colin YNWA, 16 June, 2020, 06:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 16 June, 2020, 07:55:23 PM
Illustrated entries - Cool. I adore that Brass Sun cover its so dynamic.

I love the Red Seas one - pure 2000AD, and not uncoincidentally the prog from the week my eldest child was born, who is also named Jack.

Buttonman

Rogue Judge

Ian Edginton. As much as I tend to enjoy Ennis' Dredd, Ian Edginton is the obvious choice. I've not read Red Seas but really want to now.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Rogue Judge on 17 June, 2020, 12:52:08 AM
I've not read Red Seas but really want to now.

Oh defo read it its wonderful fun. All pirates and Ray Harryhausensen monsters... oh and the devil, zombies(ish), two headed dogs, dinosaurs... you get the idea. Will be featured in four (is it four?) volumes as past of Ultimate Collection.

sintec

Yeah it's got 4 volumes planned for the UC extension. Really looking forwards to those ones as I've loved all the Edginton strips we've had so far. Might even persuade my partner to read those as she likes a good pirate yarn.

Colin YNWA

Don't be I' Cosh make sure you get your vote in before the morning (Friday that is) good and early as I'm wrapping this one up.

robprosser

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED - but feel free to add votes and comments but the call is made.

The Quarters are closing and the results coming in. The first one wasn't even close and while its always great to see some folks who call things differently the support for Garth Ennis didn't bring him close to

Ian Edginton

Who stormed into the semis.