Main Menu

DC Films thread.

Started by SmallBlueThing, 27 November, 2012, 05:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SmallBlueThing

That bloke what you lot all went girlie over when he was in that film with Bruce Willis that came out the same time as Dredd, is Batman in the Justice League film, apparently.

People online are ranting over him being someone other than Bruce Wayne, because apparently he can't be Batman due to something that happened in the last Nolan Batfilm. Anyone who's ever read a Batman comic knows that there's only one Batman and to use another one would be stupid.

Let the arguments begin!

SBT

Hawkmumbler

I couldn't give a shit. I view my comic book's and movies as equal and completely different mediems, I wouldn't even mind if they created a completely different character (Original) to be Batman's alter ego. Unlike Dredd, Batman is a mantel that can (and has) been passed down. It just happen's that bruce wayne is who everyone consider's to be Batman. American Comic Book fan's can be anal about shit like that.

Professor Bear

JamesC

I could give a shit - right in Christopher Nolan's face!

Only joking, but I'd like to think that if they're making such a departure from the Batman myth then it's for a creative reason and not just because they want to tie it in with the other Nolan films and Bale didn't want to do it.

COMMANDO FORCES

I've read a Batman comic and Azrael was Batman. So there!

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 27 November, 2012, 05:27:52 PM
That bloke what you lot all went girlie over when he was in that film with Bruce Willis that came out the same time as Dredd, is Batman in the Justice League film, apparently.

He has a name you know, and his name is Tommy From Third Rock From the Sun.
You may quote me on that.

von Boom

Sally From Third Rock From The Sun would still make a better Batman.

Fisticuffs

Whilst I love Batman (most of the time, sometimes, like all American superheroes, he's terrible) I think that DC are suffering from a wounded ego over the success of the Avengers, and that this will crash and burn. Not getting my hopes up!

(Not a big fan of Superman either, incredibly boring character and concept, but I do like what I have seen so far with Man Of Steel...)

JamesC

Superman was better in the 70s when he was getting whisked off to other planets to fight Muhammad Ali. He's best used as a straight man to play wacky ideas off.

I wonder if DC will introduce the new Batman into the comic universe.

JOE SOAP

I say Gordon-Levitt being Batman is a rumour at best.

Andy Smart

IT doesn't really matter who Batman is in the Justice League film. Fairly recently they were saying Arnie Hammer. Essentially it looks like Christian Bale won't play him so there isn't that buildup like you got with the Marvel movies prior to the Avengers. Maybe it will help if they keep the same Superman and Green Lantern but I don't it will have the same impact as the Avengers.

Though hopefully it'll be a decent film none the less.

Also, isn't he a bit short to be Batman?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Andy Smart on 27 November, 2012, 10:29:10 PM
Also, isn't he a bit short to be Batman?

Isn't Hugh Jackman a little tall for Wolverine?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Judge von Boom on 27 November, 2012, 07:01:36 PM
Sally From Third Rock From The Sun would still make a better Batman.

Definitely tall enough
You may quote me on that.

Andy Smart

The ears do add height so maybe it doesn't matter.

michael kennedy

it'd be kinda of a dirt kick on nolans work if levitt gets bypassed as batman considering TDKR had a whole sub plot dedicated to it