Main Menu

Megazine spoilers that don't spoil anything.

Started by Oddboy, 02 July, 2002, 04:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

I've just renewed my Megazine sub too. Which was superb this month by the way.

By 'eck, wasn't it?!

The Bendatti Vendetta was BLINDINGLY BRILLIANT stuff, I can't wait for the graphic novel already!  Re-read the first four parts of Place of the Dead before I read the last part & it's soooooo good!
Cit Sump was pretty good but I think it shows that Wagner's been focusing on 2000AD Dredd more recently but it's still an enjoyable tale.

I skipped Bad Co I must admit.  I'm working my way through the back progs so I'll get to that story in time.
I skipped Hellboy as well.  I got bored of this story by the end of part two.  I want some of the old Battle stories reprinted!  Any chance of Charley's War?  I haven't read any of this stuff but I gather it was great from what the oldtimers here say.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Oddboy

O, I forgot Durham Red.
Easy mistake to make really.
Probably for the best.
Better set your phaser to stun.

W. R. Logan

>Cit Sump was pretty good but I think it shows that Wagner's been focusing on 2000AD Dredd more recently but it's still an enjoyable tale.

Citizen Sump was fantastic and deserves to talked about as one of the best stories ever to appear in the Megazine. I can't sing the praises enough of the script and art for this two parter that I've already put on my list of all time faves.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79 Yahoo Group

http://www.2000adonline.com/covers/graphicnovels/mediumres/pb2.jpg">

Matt

A fitting end to one of 2Ks more tragic supporting characters. Loved the meaning behind Rosebud.

DavidXBrunt

Yeah, more support for Citizen Sump here. This was definatley on of those rare occasions where I've enjoyed every aspect of a strip. The art was spot on, the story was fun, and actually filled out its 30 pages. And I feel so sorry for poor old Otto now. Shame the mans gone.

And as a little side note, one of the faces in the montage of uglies in part one was all teeth and wavy hair. It looked like it had come straight from the pencil of Ron Smith, which is a really nice touch.

A great Meg this month. It's really on a roll right now. A fine way to spend an hour whilst off sick. Nice work all round.

GordonR

Bah, I haven't read it yet, and now I really want to.

Damn you, Tharg.  Hurry up and send me my copy!

JamieB

Couldn't agree more, Logan; Cit Sump is one of the best Dredd stories I've read for some time - that said, of course, work dictates that I read Ennis'...

And The Bendatti Vendetta - assuming it continues with the quality of part 1 - is shaping up to be Tooth/The Meg's best crime / 'real world' series since Button Man...

*J*

Matt

Jamie, why exactly did Titan choose to reprint Helter Skelter? I can see why you'd want to cash in on Ennis's popularity after Preacher, by introducing his earlier work to new readers, but wasn't Helter Skelter a book too far? It can't have sold too well. Whilst we're on the subject of Titan books what Dredd stuff can we expect to see in the future?

JamieB

Matt, I'm afraid that I can't go into the reasons Titan do things either on or offline. Mostly because I don't know the answers myself!

Forthcoming Dredd (off the top of my head):
(Paperback) Muzak Killer, Innocents Abroad
(Hardback) The Day the Law Died (Judge Cal)

Also - Judge Anderson Books 1-4 are to be collected in two volumes, "Death's Dark Dimension" (1&2) and "Hour of the Wolf (3&4).

Err...

That's it.

*J*

Buddy

Titan could produce a volume of Ennis's Dredd work and call it:

THE WORST DREDD STORIES EVER TOLD.

Link: http://www.ximoc.co.uk" target="_blank">http://www.ximoc.co.uk

Smiley

Mark Millar and Alan McKenzie first. Ennis later.

O Lucky Stevie!

hey, uncle! don't go stealing sonny steelgraves' thunder!!!

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Buddy

Wake

O Lucky Stevie!

yep, sonny steelgrave=alan mckenzie

i was extraordinarily disappointed when i discovered this, considering the gold that alan wrote for luke kirby & doctor who (that whole astrolabus arc is stunning). but i guess that he just wasn't suited for writing dredd.

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"