Main Menu

Judge Dredd Movie is Green Lit!

Started by w3bz, 19 December, 2008, 05:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger Godpleton

QuoteMaybe if they have a intermission --A break in the middle of the show.-- Where they have about ten to twenty minutes of short adds. Like what I suggested earlier on this thread. Advertising such places as the Aggro dome, the Alien Zoo, The Mega City libary, The Dream Palace, Chamber of Horror, The MUseum, The Museum of death, and the 'Imported White Cliffs of Dover'.

That would still count as being part of the film.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

ThryllSeekyr

Part of the film but not a essential a part of the story.

They could repeat the same advertisments for half a hour.

Like have them on loop, so if somebody need a breath fresh air if even for just five-ten minates.

They still catch up on those humerous adverts.

M.I.K.

There are already places in this country where adverts repeat themselves on a loop every few minutes. We call them the "ITV channels". It's entertaining enough, if you enjoy being driven slowly insane...

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"Part of the film but not a essential a part of the story.

Like have them on loop, so if somebody need a breath fresh air if even for just five-ten minates.

and cinemas would just love wasting time playing ads instead of shoehorning in another screening.

TheEdge

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"Part of the film but not a essential a part of the story.

DANGER DANGER

If you do that you will turn the film into either ROBOCOP ( OCP Ads) or STARSHIP TROOPERS ( BUG OFF)
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Mardroid

Quote from: "ThryllSeekyr"Mardroid corrects my assumption....

QuoteHeh, that wasn't me. I never say "F&$@."

Yep., sory about that but I couldn't t be bother looking up the name agion when I posted , even after I copied patesed the quoted part of that thread and I just assumed it was you.

It's ok, I was amused rather than irritated. Even more amusingly on the latest prog spoiler thread I got quoted again for something I didn't say. I guess I've got that kind of name.

Mardroid

As for the 'spoof ad break', I like the idea, but only 2-3 ads for a few minutes. Not half an hour and certainly not repeating. That would be two much.

Kev Levell

Only if one of them was an Otto Sump ad - Do you think Gordon Brown would be up for a cameo? ;)

ThryllSeekyr

Kevlev asked....

QuoteOnly if one of them was an Otto Sump ad

It was one of the ones I suggested before, much earlier in this thread.

Though figure some other people might get irritated if i put it up again.

ThryllSeekyr

Looking for actor to play Otto Sump.

So I googled 'ugly actors'.

//http://ravivora.com/blog/ugly-actors-you-know-and-love

I was acteely thinking of a slightly more over weight Vincent Schiavelli or with bit of heavy latex make-up. I didn't really know  his name. When I noticed him on the list, wearing the hat.

Some of actors on the list.

Ugly?

I don't know :?:

They might be just too rugged looking or I noticed one fellow was just too chubby in the face, but otherwise possessing a neat complexion, a face I would normally regard as symetrical.

Helen Bonham Carter, I would I cal her ugly, though she could do with abit more colour in her face. She's otherwise very okay, I 've seen worse.

Tu-plang

Just thought I'd pop in and defend the beauty of Helena Bonham Carter. She is lovely.

that is all.

ThryllSeekyr

Eccuse my bad grammar, but I meant to say 'I WOULDN'T say she is ugly.

Damn, I why didn't check that.

Woolly

I reckon Larry Drake would make a great Otto Sump (with a bit of make up, naturally!)

radiator

Not sure The Pit would work as the first movie, great though it is. Too many characters - it might work as some sort of sequel.

The more I think about it, adapting America makes more and more sense. It would definitely suit the brooding, Dark Knight feel Hollywood is so enamoured with at the moment. It would also function as an introduction of sorts, as you could expand the scenes set in Ami and Beeny's school lessons talking about the history of America and the Judges etc. You also get very brief glimpses of things like the Apocalypse War and the Democratic March (in flashback) later on in the story - key events in Judge Dredd history. It also would lend itself to a smaller budget as there's no huge set-pieces, and there's a typically Dredd offbeat twist in the ending. The casting of Ami would be key - she'd have to be really attractive and  charismatic.

As I said before, they'd need to tweak the story a little to make Dredd appear a little more heroic - not that I'm saying there should be no ambiguity - it would be interesting if the audience's sympathies were constantly flitting between the Judges and the Dems. I'd also maybe expand the role of Kurd - have Ami personify the idealistic freedom fighter side of Total War, have Kurd as the darker side. You could give Dredd a personal interest in the case by having Morphy or Giant among the victims of the Total War massacre. I think seeing Colin's wonderful Dredd's monologue sequences rendered on film would send a shiver down my back! And that ending - "America is Dead. This is the real world".

For a sequel I'd like to see an adaptation of America 2, but up the stakes and bring in elements of Total War. I love the ending of America 2 as well.

I guess it all depends on what you want from the movie - there seems to be a lot of more casual fans who just want to see old-school Dredd like The Apoc War or the Dark Judges realised on screen - personally I'd much rather see the film reflect how Dredd has been post-Wilderlands - more mature and gritty.

radiator

I forgot to add that America also has: a love story, action bits, drama, humanity (Robert, Beeny's robo-butler is one of my most beloved Dredd supporting characters) and some great black humour (Dave the Orthodontist!).

Needless to say, it also has themes of human rights, terrorism, security and freedom that are very relevant in todays world.