Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Mardroid on 17 November, 2012, 07:14:30 PM

*I actually came across it by accident on the Google site as I'm planning on getting the Nexus 7 tablet soon. (Here's hoping I get some money for Christmas. Heh.)  I wouldn't normally pay even that much for a phone but at that price for that specification I'm sorely tempted. I'll make the tablet my priority for now though. I will keep an eye on the Google site for future reference. My cheap but trusty little Samsung spare will do for now.

I just got the Nexus 7. I'm posting this message from it. Lovely bit of kit! :-)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

I, Cosh

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 19 November, 2012, 07:31:58 PM
Quote from: Mardroid on 17 November, 2012, 07:14:30 PM
*I actually came across it by accident on the Google site as I'm planning on getting the Nexus 7 tablet soon. (Here's hoping I get some money for Christmas. Heh.)  I wouldn't normally pay even that much for a phone but at that price for that specification I'm sorely tempted. I'll make the tablet my priority for now though. I will keep an eye on the Google site for future reference. My cheap but trusty little Samsung spare will do for now.
I just got the Nexus 7. I'm posting this message from it. Lovely bit of kit! :-)
I MAKE YOUR EYES!!!!
We never really die.

Spikes

...i recieved a nice e-mail from Cam Kennedy today.

SmallBlueThing

Not sure if this should be here, or in the 'fortean' thread. Im currently working with a non-verbal, very VERY challenging young man with autism. Sitting alongside him today, he's getting more and more annoyed at the centre's internet connection and youtube's refusal to work. Im ignoring his displays, doodling a picture of dredd. Next thing i know, he's streaming the stallone dredd movie and grinning at me. He never communicates directly, never shows any indication of being interested in anything except button moon and darts.
Oddest thing: he cant type. How did he get to it?

SBT

von Boom

Richmond Clements

Have him report to psi-div for an evaluation.

Minkyboy

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 23 November, 2012, 02:26:40 PM
Not sure if this should be here, or in the 'fortean' thread. Im currently working with a non-verbal, very VERY challenging young man with autism. Sitting alongside him today, he's getting more and more annoyed at the centre's internet connection and youtube's refusal to work. Im ignoring his displays, doodling a picture of dredd. Next thing i know, he's streaming the stallone dredd movie and grinning at me. He never communicates directly, never shows any indication of being interested in anything except button moon and darts.
Oddest thing: he cant type. How did he get to it?

SBT

Button moon and darts are an odd combination.
Fiddling while Rome burns

"is being made a brain in a jar a lot more comen than I think it is." - Cyberleader2000

COMMANDO FORCES

Stallone Dredd you say! Seems like he's beyond help :'(

shaolin_monkey

Life is sometimes kind of ok, because I have a really bad sore throat.  It's bloody killing me.  But that's ok - I'd rather have it now than in my birthday week next week, given sore throats can really take the fun out of partying and then flying to Rome.   ::)

The Legendary Shark

I called up my ISP to pay them with my debit card, expecting to pay £31.44. They asked me for £38.86 instead and after some intensive negotiations I finally got them to settle for £24.46! Ha! Thank you, Artificially Induced Financial Crisis, for giving me Bargaining Power!!
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Yesterday my car was smashed in a hit and run. Thankfully the insurance is going to cover everything, including my rental car, and there is zero deductible. It's not going to cost me anything but the inconvenience of it all.

staticgirl

Blimey. I presume you came out of it unscathed?

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

von Boom

Thanks guys. No one was hurt. The car was parked at the time with no one in it.

TordelBack

A recent, unexpected and not unwelcome interest in WWII fighter planes on the part of my son, combined with some sneaky Christmas pressie bargain hunting today, delivered the gigantic Air Ace Picture Library omnibus (lovely, lovely Ian Kennedy and Mike Western art among others) and a 1:72 Airfix Spitfire for the combined total of 10 euro.  For the Boy, of course, what other motive could Santa possibly have?