Main Menu

A Superman story I can't quite remember....

Started by the shutdown man, 12 October, 2009, 01:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

I can remember reading one issue of this particular story ages ago, but I've no idea what it was called; As far as I remember it was set in the future after Superman is dead, but through the miracle of science, a squad of heroes has been set up, each with one of Supe's powers. Except they have limits, like the flying guy has to be moving towards something, otherwise he'll drift away, the strong guy is too strong and keeps crushing everything, etc.

Anyone know this one? I don't know if it was a one-off or a series or what.
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

Professor Bear

vzzbux

I think that was when they actually killed off superman and (for marketing purposes) sprung up a load of follow up's with, as you described, a numerous amount of persons with some of his powers. Utter dross. Then they backtracked. Never read any of it just got the running commentary from a mate who was seriousley into Superman.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

the shutdown man

It does sound like an Elseworlds story, but I can't see it on that list.

I did come across one ridiculous one yesterday though where an old Superman in the future had to fight two Hitler clones. Probably not the series' finest hour.

Rio De Fideldo

What are you making of the Superman titles at the moment?

Are you picking up Secret Origin?

the shutdown man

I don't really read the comics on a regular basis to be honest, I just find the DC/Marvel titles way too hard to keep track of. Usually I just go for the graphic novels when they come out, and I haven't read any of the newer Superman ones in a while. Last one I got was Red Son, which I quite liked. 

Dandontdare

Red Son is my favourite Superman of all time, really good. Don't make my mistake of thinking "ooh, that was good - I'll now buy True Brit for a different take on the same story" 'cos it's crap.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.