Main Menu

35 YEARS YOUNG! Brand new Chris Weston cover to crown anniversary Prog!

Started by Molch-R, 30 January, 2012, 01:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strontium71

...because I hate you.

SmallBlueThing

Four for me- one of each to stay sealed in their baggies for eternity in my thrill-archive, and one of each to gaze upon their covery-loveliness. Oh, plus whatever my poor american chum requires me to get for him. Id hate it if this kind of variant cover malarky was done regularly, but i think this might just be the most exciting thing ive seen today. And given that my day included dinosaurs, two small boys running towards a polar bear shouting "SHAKO!", my wife looking at Front magazine and saying "a 2000AD message board readers wives magazine would be a good idea", and the world's biggest female arse wiping past my face ten seconds before i heroically rescued the arse's owner's handbag, that's saying something.

SBT

Buttonman

Fuxxake that's awesome! I know it's Defoe but that'll be Cannon Fodder front and centre for my money!

Only slight niggle is that Gene the Hackman has gone all pink - something in the water?

Trout

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 30 January, 2012, 08:47:40 PM
my wife looking at Front magazine and saying "a 2000AD message board readers wives magazine would be a good idea"

My wife has declined, I'm afraid.

TordelBack

Quote from: King Trout on 30 January, 2012, 09:35:19 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 30 January, 2012, 08:47:40 PM
my wife looking at Front magazine and saying "a 2000AD message board readers wives magazine would be a good idea"

My wife has declined, I'm afraid.

Coincidentally, while watching the rather fabulous Spartacus: Blood and Sand tonight we were exposed to yet another shot of the braying slatterns of the arena crowd waggling their bared boobs at the gladiators in approval.  "I'd love do that", exclaimed my wife over her fourth glass of homebrewed white.  "Hmmm", I thought, "that's four".

JOE SOAP

Weston's a show-off. By the way Sláine and Anderson have no heads.

maryanddavid

Class, Its a pity we dont see more of Mr Weston.

A worthy homage!

JOE SOAP

vark

Quote from: James Stacey on 30 January, 2012, 01:55:45 PM
Will subscriber issues have both covers (like with the ABC variant covers a while back) ?
Its a cracking looking cover.
I'm intrigue (and a rather new happy subscriber), what prog got an ABC variant cover ? Thanks

bigjobs67

Love the cover! Especially lovin the Bill Savage 'You wanna portion' look. :P
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

James Stacey

Quote from: vark on 31 January, 2012, 06:29:45 AM
Quote from: James Stacey on 30 January, 2012, 01:55:45 PM
Will subscriber issues have both covers (like with the ABC variant covers a while back) ?
Its a cracking looking cover.
I'm intrigue (and a rather new happy subscriber), what prog got an ABC variant cover ? Thanks

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=prog&page=profiles&choice=1476

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Proudhuff

Hopefully the variety cover will even out the 'white male and human' to others balance  :-X
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

I felt it was more an artificial-or-partly-artificial bias myself.  I count 12 unnaturals, even excluding the muties (which is a natural process in itself).  More if the punky lady is Nixon (not sure).

TordelBack