Main Menu

So, did Al's baby turn out to be Dredd's ancestor?

Started by paulvonscott, 06 January, 2002, 09:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

I always assumed that Al's baby would end up being Fargo, or Fargo's father.  The Joke being of course that fargo and dredd come from criminal stock.  Unfortunately I gave up the Megazine before I found out.

Was it never revealed or am I just a rambling, yet sparkling and witty, madman?  :)

paulvonscott

To me the clue was always in the chin.

Thread Zero

Well Judge Fargo wasn't called Judge Bestardi (Al's surname) so I don't think so you are on to something here...

scojo

Leigh S

IIRC, Als Baby was written for another magazine that either folded or never came out.  I order to include it in the Megazine instead, Wagner added the one page intro to shoehorn it(very loosely) into Dredd continuity. Given it was written for different publication all together, I doubt Wagner ever had any intention of making  the young kid Fargo.  Given the childs demonic qualities in the follow up, he was more likely to become President Booth!

paulvonscott

Well, a name is easily changed.  It also seemed strange to have included this big chinned family into the timeline before Dredd and Fargo.  I wasn't convinced that the baby would be Fargo (hey, people change), but maybe that it was fargo's dad.  I think it would be a fantastic origin for the Dredd line and I'll continue to hope its true even if John Wagner pins me down and tattoo's a big 'No' on my head.  

I don't think i read much when the baby was born, was it any good.  I always had a soft spot for the story.

Thread Zero

Well here is the history.

2 series in the meg, 1 in 2k.

AL's baby ended with the birth of er...wots his name...

Second story was when Al junior (was that his name?) joined Al and his friend, whose name also escapes me, on a series of hits for the godfather.

Third series had Al pregnant again, I think. And dressed as a woman. Forget why...

Anyway, they were fun stories. Silly but fun.
scojo