Main Menu

Friday chat - what's happening with you?

Started by Bolt-01, 30 August, 2019, 08:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

This weekend I'll be speniding Saturday lettering comics for and Australian self publisher working on a pair of books, a one-shot GN for a scottish publisher and then I'll be trying to get the cover to the new Zarjaz ready.

On Sunday I'll be mostly driving - Plymouth and back (from the Brum wastes) to return Micro-Bolt to University then getting my stuff together ready to start the working week.

That's me - what about you lot?

Who's going to a gig? Comic show?

sheridan

On Saturday we're going to be visiting my girlfriend's sister.  I'll be taking along a few comics to prog slog blog on the train (in notepad, copying into wordpress when I get home).

Trooper McFad

Friday & Saturday prepping the house for the Kids & Dogs as Sunday me and the good wife head up to Inverness for a couple of nights R&R 😉
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Colin YNWA

Without wishing to turn this into the politics thread the family are heading into town Saturday (Sheffield) to protest recent developments.

TordelBack

My eldest's very best virtually-conjoined mate has moved away, so I'll be trying to keep him busy with something other than endlessly texting her. Also hoping to paint some minis and do some sea swimming while the water remains worryingly warm.

JamesC

My girlfriend is off to visit her sister for a few days. This will make for a great day tomorrow, as me and my mate will be off down the seafront for a relaxed all day piss up.
After that, I'll be lonely and bored until she returns (but I'll console myself with films and comics which I need to catch up on).

Dandontdare

mix of bad and good - Working till 8pm Friday and back in at 8am Saturday, so no Friday night shenanigans for me.

However, my niece is coming up for the weekend and I've not seen her for a couple of years, so looking forward to a night out with the clan on Saturday.

Link Prime

Really busy weekend ahead;

Firstly, heading over to the UK for a bit of harmless mischief - rolling out some tyre spikes along the motorways near Plymouth and Inverness.
Then heading down to Sheffield Saturday morning - got drafted in to assist the police force taser a few pinkos.
Back to Dublin on Sunday, will head over to Dun Laoghaire for a piss in the sea that morning, before meeting some geeks girlfriend in the Royal Marine Hotel.
Poor fool has no idea, he'll probably be at home reading comics!

Bolt-01

LOL. as I believe the kids would rather I never said...

von Boom

Revisiting the south of France, figuratively speaking. Looks like there'll be no holiday this year so we're spending this weekend eating and drinking like we did on our last holiday to Nice. Lots of wine, bread, cheese, and fish. Won't be exactly the same, but hopefully it captures some of the feeling.

Hawkmumbler

Scrubbing up for my interview tonight and Sunday, might have a cheeky whisky to get through it all, but tomorrows the Manchester festival so hitting the town with a mottle assortment of scouse and cockney friends all visiting. God help me.

Mattofthespurs

Got back from a holiday in Greece (Thassos) not so long ago so this is our first weekend that does not involve washing.
Shopping tomorrow and the onto the North London Derby (Arsenal V Tottenham Hotspur) on Sunday so the whole weekend is geared to that (and will decide what sort of mood I will be in for the next fortnight or so...Maybe longer if we win well, or lose badly).

I, Cosh

It's the annual pilgrimage to see Kings of Leon (my girlfriend's favourite band) so just arrived in Liverpool and picked up the new Corto Maltese collection in the comic shop right round the corner from the station.

Potential soaking at the concert tonight then a bit of Tate gallery action and ambling around tomorrow while trying to avoid anything related to the Bloody Beatles
We never really die.

von Boom

Quote from: I, Cosh on 30 August, 2019, 04:40:27 PMtrying to avoid anything related to the Bloody Beatles
Is that, constitutionally speaking, possible?

Hawkmumbler

Spending every other weekend in Liverpool with my current partner, no, it isn't. They're every fucking where.