Main Menu

New Essential Judge Dredd graphic novel line launches in September

Started by IndigoPrime, 09 January, 2020, 11:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg M.

If I was Craddock, they could say what they liked about decades-old work, so long as they slung me a few quid for the scans.

IndigoPrime

TBF, I'm not saying Rebellion would approach it like that. They're not idiots. But ultimately, you'd be asking someone if they still had files, on the basis you want to overwrite their efforts because they're no longer considered acceptable. That's going to sting however you approach it.

Personally, I do wish B+W scans existed for everything, by magic. I'd love to see Zenith IV without the colour (and amended by Yeowell as necessary). One for the list when I win millions on the lottery, obv.

Tjm86

Hmmm, Apoc as a standalone without Block Mania?  If it is recoloured without those pitiful IDW covers then it has that going for it (I mean seriously, consider the quality of Ezquerra, Bolland, Smith, Gibbons, McMahon or Dillon artwork to choose from then look at the GN cover!).  At least Rebellion have got that bit right.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Tjm86 on 10 August, 2020, 04:22:28 PM
Hmmm, Apoc as a standalone without Block Mania?

It must have Block Mania, or McMahon, Dillon, Bolland and Smith wouldn't be credited, surely?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

Fair point.  I missed that bit.  It was the Amazon description which mentions it as a 'standalone'.  Suggested to me that it was just the Ezquerra part.

Just goes to show how daft an idea it is trusting Amazon.

:-[ :-[ :-[

sheridan

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 January, 2020, 09:48:42 AM
This looks like a serious attempt to crack the US nut, more power to Rebellion's elbow.  Intrigued to see Higgins on the crayons, any chance he'll take a crack at unCraddocking Fading of the Light?  See also: The Pit.

(Acknowledging that Alan was working at the dawn of digital colouring in the UK, and the limitations that implies, and aware of the the dangers of tinkering with works of art, but I'd still like to see II able to stand between I and III with its head held high.  But yes, I'm being mean).

When people mention Alan I like to consider what D'Israeli and King Carlos were doing around the same time - as you say, it was the dawn of digital colouring in the UK.  Some went on to improve their craft (Carlos) while others realised colouring wasn't there thing at that time and went down a different path (D'Israeli has a blog post about how he rethought his career trajectory).

sheridan

'course, I can't find the D'Israeli blog post now that I've mentioned, and now it just looks like I'm being mean to him rather than agreeing with his assessment...

Rately

Quote from: sheridan on 11 August, 2020, 12:35:02 AM
'course, I can't find the D'Israeli blog post now that I've mentioned, and now it just looks like I'm being mean to him rather than agreeing with his assessment...

http://disraeli-demon.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-04-06T10:29:00%2B01:00&max-results=20&start=75&by-date=false

It's the February 4th 2009 post, Sheridan.

A great, though discontinued, blog. Have had a wonderful half hour browsing through it.

Large48

:o

Ah the early days of colouring.... Dayglo (no not Rufus!) highlight pens ala Carlos and Henry..... always a nightmare trying out new techniques for the first time, can (unfortunately) ruin careers in the short term (Dom)

I'm not even allowed crayons you know....
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

JayzusB.Christ

John Higgins is great, though I kind of miss the way he used to draw Dredd.  Granite-jawed and gimlet-eyed, he was the perfect man to intimidate Gort Hyman in a quiet and calculated manner.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Apestrife

Flipped through a copy of America at a book today. I must say. Damn fine stuff. Letter from a democrat and Revolution got a really nice paint job. Then followed by Revolution, America, Devil you know and Twillights last gleaming. While not hard cover I really liked it being over sized. Apocalypse War, Origins and what to come will be a treat.

dweezil2

Quote from: Apestrife on 02 September, 2020, 05:14:12 PM
Flipped through a copy of America at a book today. I must say. Damn fine stuff. Letter from a democrat and Revolution got a really nice paint job. Then followed by Revolution, America, Devil you know and Twillights last gleaming. While not hard cover I really liked it being over sized. Apocalypse War, Origins and what to come will be a treat.

The confirmation of an oversized edition pleases me greatly!!!  :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

Oh the fact these are over-sized is indeed very interesting and that makes this a very real possiblity.

Will want to see one in the wild but tempted now.