Spoilers > Prog

Prog 2252 - Depth Charge!

<< < (3/4) > >>

IndigoPrime:
John Smith is the reason I continued buying 2000 AD. During the dark period, his stuff alone was worth the entry fee. But we always knew he was… sporadic in his scripts. As for the UC, I’ve not read that. I know Matt was clear at the time online when people were, frankly, really shitty to him about the decision he had to make, but to see similar words in print was just really nice. So I’ll dig out the UC later too.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens next with the strips John Smith created. Indigo Prime should just rest now, in my view. I’m not convinced Tyranny Rex needs anyone else writing it either. Devlin Waugh is – currently – an exception, but only because Kot has done such a great job.

norton canes:
Five quality strips on the go at the moment, which always makes the prog a particular pleasure. 

'The Hard Way' is a great knockabout story that's thankfully adding a bit more depth than just throwing the antagonists at Dredd one by one. Diaboliks continues to mine a rich vein of shock and awe. Scarlet Traces is luscious but did lose me a bit with the references to ongoing sub-plots. Pandora Perfect is perfectly readable but I wish the tone had been shifted to make it a little less juvenile.

The Out was another mini-masterpiece which had me laughing all the way through. 2000 AD has so many talented script droids but it does constantly amaze me that Dan Abnett's unique talent for dialogue hasn't seen him seized upon by television.

Colin YNWA:

--- Quote from: norton canes on 08 October, 2021, 11:41:52 AM ---...it does constantly amaze me that Dan Abnett's unique talent for dialogue hasn't seen him seized upon by television.

--- End quote ---

Shhh don't be giving him ideas - we need to selfishly surpress any ambitions he might have!

norton canes:
I should add that there are at least half a dozen other script droids I'd love to see turning in efforts for television.

broodblik:
Cover by Cliff Robinson and Dylan Teague:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version