General Chat > Film & TV

Steven S.DeKnight vs CB Cebulski

<< < (2/8) > >>

Funt Solo:
It's quite ironic how much fandom's all in a frenzy over Ken Niemand being a pen-name. Because, and I realize this may not be obvious, my real name doesn't rhyme with [Scunthorpe].

Farcebookers are bound to be a bit more upset because so many of them use actual factual monikers. Plus, the MAGAverse hierarchy have a long-running grudge with Rennie (I was shown that they're currently posting art of him as a grotesque slime monster) and are obsessed with their pet theory of him being Niemand.

milstar:

--- Quote from: Funt Solo on 12 October, 2021, 07:05:10 PM ---It's quite ironic how much fandom's all in a frenzy over Ken Niemand being a pen-name. Because, and I realize this may not be obvious, my real name doesn't rhyme with [Scunthorpe].

Farcebookers are bound to be a bit more upset because so many of them use actual factual monikers. Plus, the MAGAverse hierarchy have a long-running grudge with Rennie (I was shown that they're currently posting art of him as a grotesque slime monster) and are obsessed with their pet theory of him being Niemand.

--- End quote ---

Don't know about MAGA, but apparently many buy that Rennie is Niemand thanks to Mills' tweet.

M.I.K.:

--- Quote from: milstar on 12 October, 2021, 08:51:11 PM ---
--- Quote from: Funt Solo on 12 October, 2021, 07:05:10 PM ---It's quite ironic how much fandom's all in a frenzy over Ken Niemand being a pen-name. Because, and I realize this may not be obvious, my real name doesn't rhyme with [Scunthorpe].

--- End quote ---

Don't know about MAGA, but apparently many buy that Rennie is Niemand thanks to Mills' tweet.

--- End quote ---

...Mills believing it to be the case, purely because that's what he's been told by halfwits on t'internet.

Tomwe:
That got off-topic quick.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 October, 2021, 06:29:50 PM ---I am not sure about that. Does 2000ad editors know who Ken Niemand is?

--- End quote ---

Oh, for God's sake. From the very early days of 2000AD various writers (and artists) have used pseudonyms and of course editorial have known who they are, unless they're deliberately obfuscating their contributions through an agent to avoid it being known that they were also actually the editor. Mentioning no names.

"Ken" was on a Thrillcast and and right up front they addressed the fact that, yes, his name is a pseudonym. It's not a secret that this is the case. I'm sure Rebellion accounts knows who to make the payments to. I'm sure Tharg know where to send the Rigellian Hotshots.

(There are actually very good reasons for segmenting a writing career with different publishing names, apart from the convention of using a different name if yours is already in use. The BIG one, which Charles Stross blogged about a few years back, is that book distributors will use the sales of your last book to estimate orders for your next book. If you write a wildly successful YA book that hits the bestseller list one year, then a literary fiction novel the next, the distributors will over-order the literary book based on the massive sales of the YA one, then drastically cut the orders for the book after that based on the 'low' sales of the literary one, even though the next one is a follow-up to the YA bestseller. There's a reason Iain Banks chose to distinguish his SF from his 'literary' novels by adding the "M" to his name for the SF — it got him two separate columns on the distributors' spreadsheet.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version