Main Menu

Memories

Started by Pagangirl, 28 July, 2002, 06:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pagangirl

***Photo Stories: Same as a comic strip, panels, speech bubbles etc, but with photographs instead of artwork. ***

Sounds utterly dreadful, I assume that effectively killed the comic?  

Jim_Campbell

"The 'new' Eagle, I seen to remember, was an all-photo story sf comic whose main story was Doomlord "

ISTR that they phased out the photo stories in favour hand-drawn stuff. Didn't Doomlord become a conventional strip with Eric Bradbury providing the artwork ...?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

paulvonscott

I remember being pretty dissapointed when the Eagle went from nice paper with photostories, to b/w bog paper comics.

Jared Katooie

AArghH!

Doomlord! I remember that eejit. I used to have some eagle annuals and he was in them. I think he had a magic ring with a skull on it that shot lasers ( God I love lasers... ) and he was super-strong and he had a magic rock to power up his ring. Of course they never explained what the hell was going on in the damn thing.

But , hookjaw! That was pure gold! If anyone has an opportunity to get an annual with him in it then do so. ( Not if you're offended by gratuitous violence and flimsy plots )

Nostalgic at 19....

God...

Jared ( oh my God my icon is a skull just like on doomlords ring ) Katooie

Pagangirl

*******Jared ( oh my God my icon is a skull just like on doomlords ring ) Katooie*****

How do I get one of them wee Ikon thingies?  Everyone else has one:o(

W. R. Logan

Was it Doomlord?

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.http://www.cinemas-online.co.uk/andrew/eagle/graphics/dlord.gif">

Pagangirl

****Was it Doomlord? ****

And yea the ancient one spoken unto me: "Stop calling me old you cheeky little sod I'm only 36"  And verily did the venerable one whose age was on par with the mountains did continue "Yep don't remember the fish ears, but that looks close to me"  Further did the voice of prehistory speaketh "I'm going down the pub where they don't take the p+ss out of me for my age".

Gosh old people can be so sensitive

O Lucky Stevie!

is this your da that your refering to, pagangirl?

i've wet my knickers!
steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Devons Daddy

theres a thread by wake with full details, you need a pic in a specail format thoguh he explains it so well, for the mere mortals.
hes also very helpful in correcting things if you ask nicely. he did mine, a robo chef in fact, for a piece of basics for all you budding cooks, ther eis no blue food, as such a piece of robo chef in the soup would be noticed and as such we are blue.
easy really.
put up a post as k wake to give link to his icon details. within 48 hours you too will have an icon .
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Pagangirl

********is this your da that your refering to, pagangirl? *****

I am refering to my ancient and crumbling friend Graham, who can claim to remember the very 1st comic ever written.  It was Cain Vs Abel II, the brother strikes back.  Colouring by Moses

Oddboy

Sounds a bit too Godly for a pagen like yourself...
Better set your phaser to stun.

Quirkafleeg

There's also information/instructions in the site's 'help' section.

Gary (The man with no icon-yet)