Main Menu

No Title

Started by almighty mat, 06 August, 2002, 08:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

almighty mat

New Newsgroup Announcement

Just a quick post to invite all and sundry to a new newsgroup I've taken the liberty of setting up;

ArgueWithScojo@yahoogroups.com.

My inbox swelled to gargantuan proportions this week as a discussion on who should play Dredd turned into a prolonged slagging match, in the familiar Scojo vs The World vein. Nothing new there, but a lot of subscribers to the Class of 77 group were rightly miffed by the personal nature of some of Scojo's argumentative posts.
 Rather than get put out by this myself I thought, Well, everyone's entitled to an opinion, as long as they don't get too forceful in ramming it down people's throats. So the only thing to do was to give Scojo, and indeed anyone else who likes to wrassle, an open forum in which they can fight happily over who plays Dredd, without worry of innocent bystanders getting caught up. It goes without saying that anyone who's offended by Scojo's style of discussion should think twice before subscribing to this group.
 I should probably point out that this is in no way a public endorsement of Scojo on my part, merely a logical solution to a problem. Whether you think Scojo's an outspoken man on the street, a misunderstood master of ironic humour, a crank and potential stalker, the only sane man in a world gone madde, or an unwitting comic prodigy in the Mr Bean tradition, the one thing he doesn't seem to be is going away.
 And that's that. Membership is completely free, open and unmoderated, feel free to argue or just to watch.

mat

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ArgueWithScojo/" target="_blank">Argue With Scojo homepage