Main Menu

Treasury of British Comics Annual 2024?

Started by rogue69, 29 May, 2023, 10:05:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Dash Decent

Looks like an Annual made up of various reprint strips, perhaps as a taster for books that are already (or soon) available, judging by Hookjaw, The Spider, Frankie Stein, etc on the cover.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

O Lucky Stevie!

Reprint of old annual & specials strips with three new stories according to Keith Richardson on FB.
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 30 May, 2023, 11:30:36 PMReprint of old annual & specials strips with three new stories according to Keith Richardson on FB.

Nice and that is an amazing cover.

O Lucky Stevie!

Black Beth on the cover suggests that she may be one of the new strips. DaNi!
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

Quote from: O Lucky Stevie! on 31 May, 2023, 08:47:22 AMBlack Beth on the cover suggests that she may be one of the new strips. DaNi!

Ohhh yes good call. Looking forward to that.

rogue69

Now out for pre order in the shop for £25 paperback £30 hardback
For over a century, the comic book annual has been an essential Christmas stocking filler for British children. The Treasury of British Comics have dived deep into the archives, selecting slick and exciting stories from past annuals, specials and regular issues, including strips from such titles as Lion, Starlord, Misty, Action, Wham!, Scream!, Smash!, Battle and Valiant to name but a few. Including the best of British talent like Brian Bolland, Cam Kennedy, Leo Baxendale, Ken Reid, Mike Western, Brian Lewis, Joe Colquhoun and Pat Mills, there are also three brand new strips -
The Leopard from Lime Street Vs The Spider by Simon Furman, David Roach and Mike Collins
Black Beth by Alec Worley and DaNi
Gustav of the Bearmacht by Kek-W and Staz Johnson.

https://shop.2000ad.com/catalogue/RCA-B0206?fbclid=IwAR3T1rH4eEt5gFKmx1s4X96aFMaZ5oiHl7tSRpBk0tkTKWllGHp7E7GPs7o

O Lucky Stevie!

Link Prime

Sounds like a winner.

Chances are I have read some of the reprint material, but definitely not all.
I think Alec Worley and Dani did a great job on their sporadic Black Beth collaborations over the last few years, so looking forward to more of that.
New material from Furman and Kek-W always welcome too, never mind the quality of artists lined up.

Price tag may be a bit ouch for a Christmas stocking filler though.

broodblik

Treasury Of British Comics Annual - 2024 Webshop Exclusive Edition:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

The Enigmatic Dr X

Ordered. I think this is a fantastic idea and am really looking forward to getting an annual for Christmas once again.

For the record, I would devour a 2000ad or Dredd Annual.
Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

*I mean a new 2000ad/Dredd annual. But the comments applies to the old, too
Lock up your spoons!

Dash Decent

I'm hoping this is thick and chunky with lots of pages, but the weight on the webshop (Flint 450g, B&W 630g) doesn't sound that much compared to some of the other 'normal' sized books listed on the site.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.