Main Menu

Ne Button Man collection reviewed over at The Beat

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 September, 2013, 07:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

What it says really. Great little review over at The Beat. Steve Morris is doing great work promoting The Galaxy's Greatest over that great Blog.

http://comicsbeat.com/review-john-wagner-and-arthur-ransons-button-man/

Cactus

Nice. I'm pleased to learn there's a proper sausage-fest collection of Button Man without the 'next generation' spin-off. I'll be buying that.
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

The Bissler

I was given this collection for my birthday and I have to say it turned out to be a wonderful present!  I had missed this strip altogether so had no idea about the premise or if it would be any good.  It was great! 

The most surprising aspect to the story was that despite it having been published in 2000AD it wasn't set in the future and didn't have any sci-fi elements.  Didn't matter though, this was John Wagner at his best!

One question: does this collection represent all of the Button Man stories, or is there more?

Colin Zeal

The tagline for volume one was something like "30 seconds into your future," which was an attempt at giving it the necessary sci-fi element for the Prog.

there is another story that isn't in the book, volume four The Hitman's Daughter. This wasn't drawn by Arthur Ranson but Fraser Irving. It is/was available in its own seperate trade.

The Bissler

Cheers Colin!  I'll be sure to look that one up!