Main Menu

Trailer of AVP2...

Started by Goaty, 29 August, 2007, 12:40:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byron Virgo

vzzbux

Alan Dean Foster. the same guy responsible for Splinter of a minds eye. I think I will steer clear of that.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

ThryllSeekyr

'Splinter of Minds Eye' Wasn;t that Stawars Novelistaon occurring inbetween 'ESB' and 'ROTJ'

COMMANDO FORCES

TordelBack

A pox on double posts! Why does this site have no edit button?

Ask not for extra features on the site, lest Smilies are thrust upon us!  Purity of function is the watchword.  But I know what you mean.

the shutdown man

"Ask not for extra features on the site, lest Smilies are thrust upon us! Purity of function is the watchword. But I know what you mean."

Hmmmm, true. 'Tis a fine line indeed......

You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

SamuelAWilkinson

'Splinter of The Mind's Eye' Wasn't that Stawars Novelisation occurring in between 'ESB' and 'ROTJ'

(Spelling and punctuation corrected for free)

No. It was a direct sequel to the original 'Star Wars' (not referred to as 'A New Hope' till it was re-released some time in the early '80s) written before ESB was plotted out, and according to my early edition copy, it's from 'The Adventures of Luke Skywalker'.

Stick that in your nerd-pipe and smoke it.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

vzzbux

But that novel was utter drivel SPOILERS

Luke incapacitated, Leia severing Vaders arm then knocking him down a pit, force sensitive woman giving no mention of Clone Wars or link with the Skywalker name. Utter tosh.

To be treated like Millar Dredd, does not compute.

V
Drokking since 1972

SamuelAWilkinson

I think not. Millar Dredd had an established continuity to piss over. Dean Foster had nothing but the original novel/film to go off. Sure, based on what's sprung up since it comes off badly, but judged in original context it holds out ok.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

dweezil2

Don't Luke and Leia get "giggy with it" in that novel?

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

ThryllSeekyr

vzzbux

Lucas already had his basic back history and forthcoming films prepared, I think read somewhere or was told that foster just went ahead and wrote it ignoring provided literature. It was such a long time ago, and yes Luke was definately ogling Leia's curves and having a few knob twitches.

V
Drokking since 1972