Main Menu

Please can we have a long Dredd epic?

Started by loxwood, 29 August, 2004, 05:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loxwood

The long stories are the best stories in my opinion.  Can we have a 26 parter to really get our teeth into?  Some big development in MC1 or the world.

Or am I the only one who wants this?

loxwood

oops - ignore my no understanding how to post!

Art

Do you have a cat?

paulvonscott

Total War is coming.  Be prepared!

It's a Wagner epic as far as I can tell.  Not sure about 26 chapters though.

Bico

Depends who's writing it.  Did anyone want a twenty-six parter written by Mark Millar revisiting the Apocalypse War, but with Millar's 'hilarious' views of ethnic groups at the fore, because it was set to star the Sino-cit lads?  I don't think so.
Mind you, now that Millar's long gone, I wouldn't actually mind seeing that whole Sino-cit scenario tied up by Wagner or Rennie.  At the least, it could be one of those WEHT stories ("whatever happened to the Sino-cit menace that Dredd was going to stop with one punch").  IIRC, Dredd did say at the end of the Apocalypse War "Next time, we get in our retaliation in first", and it was established that the Justice dept was aware of the threat beforehand, so why not tell the story of how all those loose storylines from the Morrison/Millar period got tied up by Dredd's sneaky underhand 'retaliation'?
There was another loose storyline left dangling about Psi Judges being infected with a psychic virus that was printed in the '93 winter special, does anyone know if that was ever tied up?

The Amstor Computer

"Total War is coming. Be prepared!"

THE SPORT IS WAR, TOTAL WAR!
WHEN VICTORY'S A MASSACRE,
THE FINAL SWING IS NOT A DRILL
IT'S HOW MANY PEOPLE I.. CAN.. KILL!

:-D

esoteric ed

Helter Skelter 2 ?

Ed ;-)