Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 04 June, 2019, 08:50:47 AM
...was a mite uncalled for.

A little, perhaps. I must be the first person on this forum to ever take someone's words to their logical if improbable conclusion in order to make a rhetorical point. I'm amazed it's never happened before.

I would also dispute "aggressive" here, but even if it is (and it certainly wasn't intended as such) one data point doesn't make a pattern, which is what I'm objecting to Richard claiming.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

flintlockjaw

broodblik

For people looking forward to Zaucer of Zilk returning ,here is an interview with Brendan McCarthy and on the last point he talks about Zilk:

https://doomrocket.com/10-things-brendan-mccarthy-chopper-wandering-spirit/

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Frank

Quote from: broodblik on 06 June, 2019, 07:46:22 PM
For people looking forward to Zaucer of Zilk returning, here is an interview with Brendan McCarthy and on the last point he talks about Zilk:

https://doomrocket.com/10-things-brendan-mccarthy-chopper-wandering-spirit/

Cheers, bud. McCarthy's a fascinating character and a world-class artist.

broodblik

If you a fan of McCarthy you can always try out "Dream Gang" (written and drawn by him).
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dandontdare

McCarthy wrote and drew a wonderful Spiderman/Doctor Strange team-up called Fever which is well worth a look

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dandontdare on 07 June, 2019, 12:30:19 PM
McCarthy wrote and drew a wonderful Spiderman/Doctor Strange team-up called Fever which is well worth a look

This absolutely. Fever is such fun.

broodblik

Frank

Quote from: broodblik on 07 June, 2019, 03:52:20 AM
If you a fan of McCarthy you can always try out "Dream Gang" (written and drawn by him).

I love all of the above, although I'm not sure I'd recommend them as ripsnorting narratives. McCarthy's solo work is best enjoyed as decompressed variations on his Artoons; a series of wonderful images, ideas and evocative phrases.

Tharg's wise to pair McCarthy with structure-monkeys. Kek-W seems like a natural fit for McCarthy's psychotropic aesthetic, but I can see why their differing outlooks on life might make a working relationship too interesting to prove productive.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Frank on 07 June, 2019, 08:10:16 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 07 June, 2019, 03:52:20 AM

I love all of the above, although I'm not sure I'd recommend them as ripsnorting narratives. McCarthy's solo work is best enjoyed as decompressed variations on his Artoons; a series of wonderful images, ideas and evocative phrases.

All true, but god bless the editor who let McCarthy do his take on Kirby-era Dr Strange cosmic shit

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Dandontdare on 08 June, 2019, 01:45:09 AMAll true, but god bless the editor who let McCarthy do his take on Kirby-era Dr Strange cosmic shit

And this 6 page one-shot.

Dandontdare

broodblik

The cover for the upcoming special for Tammy and Jinty