Main Menu

Dream Dredd Crossover

Started by Recrewt, 01 May, 2013, 01:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recrewt

Sorry for the corny topic but it's Wednesday and I'm bored!

Along with Dredd I've been reading quite a bit of Marvel recently and as well all know, they love a good crossover.  I know this has probably been mentioned on here before and crossovers are a bit corny but what would be your dream Dredd crossover?

I've also been digging out some of my old comics lately and found the Robocop Terminator mini-series from the 90s which leads to my vote for:

Dredd & Robocop vs The Terminator

Dredd and Robocop clearly both share a love for the law so in my mind would make a better team up than Dredd with some vigilante like Batman! The terminator would make for a good enemy aswell as he just keeps coming back no matter how many times Joe puts him down!

JamesC

I'm not sure cross overs ever really work that well but I've always fancied seeing Dredd meet up with Captain America.
I think there's lots of scope for satire and it would be interesting to see what Cap makes of MC1 as a possible future.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: JamesC on 01 May, 2013, 01:55:17 PM
I'm not sure cross overs ever really work that well but I've always fancied seeing Dredd meet up with Captain America.
I think there's lots of scope for satire and it would be interesting to see what Cap makes of MC1 as a possible future.

This is what happened last time Judges met CA:

Personally, I'd like to see how Justice Dept and/or Dredd would fit in with the Star Wars universe.  Would they go Rebel or Empire? Could Palpatine hack it as a Chief Judge?

The Adventurer

Judge Dredd / Savage Dragon is pretty much my dream crossover.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

dweezil2

I wouldn't mind a Dredd/Punisher crossover-or maybe even a team-up!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

von Boom

A Dredd/Calvin & Hobbes crossover would be a mad thrill.

TordelBack

Quote from: von Boom on 01 May, 2013, 10:13:40 PM
A Dredd/Calvin & Hobbes crossover would be a mad thrill.

'S been done!  Sorta.  Kelvin & Hobbit, back in 1226

For me, it's have to be Tintin in Mega City 1

Recrewt

Well, some interesting suggestions folks.

Loving the piccy of Cap America and the Judges tho if the recent Avengers movie is anything to go by, they will have a job on their hands bashing that shield!

Star Wars was an interesting suggestion and got me thinking about whether Dredd would go Rebel or Empire - I'm still not sure.  Also like the Calvin & Hobbes and Tintin suggestions - plus Dredd would have to go easy on them cos they are juves! (well, maybe not the tiger)   ;)

Frank

The Broons. There would be a hilarious misunderstanding, where The Bairn tells everyone she's heard that Granpaw's eloping with that gold digger Sadie from the old folks' home. The whole family rush round to prevent the auld fool getting lumbered, only to discover that it's a Pals club sting operation and The Bairn's grassed them up for being mutants.

Darren Stephens

Has anyone said Marshal Law yet? I'll say it then. Marshal Law. :p
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Greg M.

Quote from: sauchie on 01 May, 2013, 10:53:41 PM
The Broons. There would be a hilarious misunderstanding, where The Bairn tells everyone she's heard that Granpaw's eloping with that gold digger Sadie from the old folks' home. The whole family rush round to prevent the auld fool getting lumbered, only to discover that it's a Pals club sting operation and The Bairn's grassed them up for being mutants.

You absolutely need to submit that to Zarjaz. (Though maybe Bolt-01 would prefer to avoid attracting the attention of 'The Broons' notoriously litigious owners.)

michael kennedy

Quote from: dweezil2 on 01 May, 2013, 08:37:47 PM
I wouldn't mind a Dredd/Punisher crossover-or maybe even a team-up!

dredd in thunderbolts (punisher, deadpool, elektra, venom, redhulk)

state sanctioned nutters = his kind of crowd?

WhitBloke

Judge Dredd / Green Arrow - though I suppose the character un-chemistry might be a bit too on the nose.

Actually, scrap that.  JamesC had me with Captain America, enthusiastic convention beatings notwithstanding.
So this is der place then, Johnny?

Kev Levell

Dredd and Anderson / Hellboy

Judge Brian

Dredd & Jonah Hex in the old west to be followed by Dredd & HEX in the cursed Earth.