Main Menu

Comicscene's top 20comics

Started by rogue69, 13 March, 2021, 09:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Comicscene have released the results of their survey for their readers favourite comics of all time
Not surprisingly very Uk centric with 2000AD in the no1 spot

https://comicscene.org/2021/01/11/your-top-20-comics-of-all-time-comicscene-history-of-comics-survey/

AlexF

Wow! That's a Comics Top 20 like none I've ever seen before on the Internet. As you say, it's UK centric (and so it should be). I'm intrigued by the selection of US superheroes on the list - would never have pegged Daredevil and Deadpool as so popular, clearly the people who voted are not just those who read Valiant and TV21 in their distant youth. Fascinating that Batman only appears on the list specifically as 'the Killing Joke', curious that given how wide-ranging the slelection of comics is that there's no Tintin or Asterix.

broodblik

These voting polls are not an exact sciences since your site might only be visited by a certain demographic. It is like to have a poll on a rugby site "Which is your favourite sport?".
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

Given what's in that list, I imagine there's a certain, er, age demographic answering that particular poll.

Barrington Boots

Awesome old man favourite list of comics here. Hopefully this heralds collected editions of Look In strips about Adam Ant etc.
Some fo these wouldn't even have occured to me, I'd be interested to know how many people actually voted. I wonder what the readership of this site would nominate in a similar poll.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

DrJomster

Actually, that's a pretty good list! *

* All the people who voted are my age and Brits!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.