Main Menu

I wrote some weird shit

Started by Hawkmumbler, 12 March, 2021, 10:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Any CBD based remedies for combating multiple irritating posts syndrome?

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Bolt-01

Been a while since we got this much spam in a short period.

Hawkmumbler

Oh man, spam, in my thread? And I missed it?
Now I just feel half arsed.

Anyway, thanks for the purchase IAMTHESYSTEM! My gratitude is immeasurable!
Had some good luck this week, I wrote a short story for a charity zine, and two of my microfictions will be appearing this year in the 100 Word Horror chapbook collection.

JayzusB.Christ

Congratulations, Hawkie. And finally I see where the Hawk part of your board name comes from. (Also, Zac Hawkins is like a sci fi update of the Treasure Island guy - like it.)

Bought - looking forward to reading it.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Hawkmumbler

Too kind Jayzus, I hope you enjoy (?) and thanks for the kind words again!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 14 March, 2021, 09:48:18 AM
Got my copy. Looking forward to reading this in about 18 months when it reaches the top of the pile! It'll be a nice surprise.

I just stumbled across this in the process of promoting a new short story I've got coming up and had a little cry. I'd have valued Bolts feedback more than any other, and the fact all the stories we planned to work on for Something Wicked will now never happen pains me. Fuck. I wish I had headed his advice, listened to my gut and started writing sooner. I'm really sorry Dave.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 28 May, 2021, 10:11:26 PMFuck. I wish I had headed his advice, listened to my gut and started writing sooner. I'm really sorry Dave.

Just saw this - don't beat yourself up for not being more "proactive" Hawk - you'll create when you're good and ready sir - and the creation will be better for the space you've given it to grow. Not everyone is a Ron Smith - but I can guarantee you every hero you ever had feels the same pressure, the same regret, the same yearning to just get on with it. Bolt did too, and he would have never have judged you for it <3

Hawkmumbler

Well, thread necro. I pulled Rebirth after it sold it's 100th copy which was...unexpectedly nice. But in the meantime i've been working on the craft, publishing various short stories through a number of imprints, and decided late last year to give self publishing another shot. This time including paperbacks!

THE ASH AND BONE SANCTUARY is a collection of ten horror tales, six original, alongside two short stories and two prose poems presented in revised and expanded form from REBIRTH, in 150 pages of spine chilling gore.

In print: 28/02/22

https://twitter.com/ZC_HAWK/status/1480453104411844611