Main Menu

Bogie Man Coming to Kickstarter

Started by rogue69, 13 March, 2023, 10:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Cactus

My hardback copy arrived today and very nice it is too! Haven't read the earlier stories and thoroughly enjoying it so far.

Le Fink

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 08 October, 2023, 12:09:13 AMMy hardback copy arrived today and very nice it is too! Haven't read the earlier stories and thoroughly enjoying it so far.
Yes - me too - the hardback is very nicely presented, they've done a good job. Lots of lovely crisp black and white art by Robin Smith.
I got the T Shirt too!

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 14 March, 2023, 09:28:11 AMThe only bits of Bogie Man I've ever read was a little in Toxic. As a kid I didn't appreciate it at the time, but I'm definitely interested in this.

Now finished it: this is one of the funniest comics I've ever read.
Lovely edition and I'm glad the KS seemed to go well - hopefully this will mean another volume of Rok!
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Trooper McFad

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 20 October, 2023, 04:04:31 PM
Quote from: Barrington Boots on 14 March, 2023, 09:28:11 AMThe only bits of Bogie Man I've ever read was a little in Toxic. As a kid I didn't appreciate it at the time, but I'm definitely interested in this.

Now finished it: this is one of the funniest comics I've ever read.
Lovely edition and I'm glad the KS seemed to go well - hopefully this will mean another volume of Rok!

I'm 1/2 way through and enjoying the Scot's slang - hope everyone else gets most of the jokes.

Hopefully the success encourages Mr Wagner to do a 3rd Volume of RoK ( I'd even double dip and get HCs of vol 1 & 2 if on offer)
I'd be happy if it was a final instalment and sees the Reds win a top prize - league or Champions league and of course Kyle helping Scotland qualify for a World Cup 😂😂😂😂
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Trout

Hello, 2000 AD Message Board Minions, it's me. I came back to say this book is amazing and everyone should buy one. That is all. You have your instructions.

- Trout

Colin YNWA

Trout. Troutie, Trout, Troutface. The once regal fish. Its lovely to see you here. I mean I see the occasional missive on FB but this always feels like your natural home and I'm happy to see you swimming free.

Blue Cactus

Halfway through the collection and thoroughly enjoying it. Smith's art is really strong here and the whole thing is even funnier than I expected. Going to lend it to my dad, I think he'll get a kick out of all the Scots humour.

My favourite part though has been John Wagner's little biog of himself at the end of the book. It's about the most John Wagnery thing I've ever read - perfectly pitched and dry as a bone!

moogie101

Somehow I missed all news of this being released, thankfully just managed to get a copy from Gosh Comics.

Trout

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 October, 2023, 07:03:45 AMTrout. Troutie, Trout, Troutface. The once regal fish. Its lovely to see you here. I mean I see the occasional missive on FB but this always feels like your natural home and I'm happy to see you swimming free.

NEW PHONE WHO DIS

Proudhuff

Quote from: Trout on 21 October, 2023, 01:19:06 AMHello, 2000 AD Message Board Minions, it's me. I came back to say this book is amazing and everyone should buy one. That is all. You have your instructions.

- Trout

Done your scaly madge!
DDT did a job on me

rogue69

John Wagner has announced that there will be a second printing of The Bogie Man for anyone that still needs a copy

Trout

Quote from: Proudhuff on 25 October, 2023, 04:38:21 PM
Quote from: Trout on 21 October, 2023, 01:19:06 AMHello, 2000 AD Message Board Minions, it's me. I came back to say this book is amazing and everyone should buy one. That is all. You have your instructions.

- Trout

Done your scaly madge!

Just as it should be, Auld Reekie Minion.

- Trout