Main Menu

Recent posts

Prog / Re: Prog 2380 - By Steed and S...
Last post by broodblik - Today at 06:41:39 AM
A great prog again. Very difficult to choose what is the favourite this round

Dredd – I wonder if we will ever know what Dredd's mission was. The survival series continues unfortunately this one is not presented by Bear Grylls anymore since the big bad bear ate him in episode one. I still enjoy this for it is and Guera is one hell of an artist.

Aquila – This is like the previous episodes, an all-action episode with no mercy blood galore action-fest. Just awesome stuff. PS – I think Brink stole all the words in the prog nothing left.

Brink  – This is a letters nightmare with more speech-bubbles than number of progs released but boy this is great.  We are still very much in setup territory here. I do not think we will reach Luna everything will happen on Belleholme habitat.

Indigo Prime – (that like something or) story the get will you slightly up temperature the turn just and salt of bit little a add we If.

Vex – This was one awesome episode as Carroll adds much more backstory and nuances to the world of Vex. Lynch art as always helps to great this great world. This is the first time that the story focuses purely on Vex and we get shown some of his history. Top-notch story my fav by far.
Off Topic / Re: Boys Adventure comic blog
Last post by Richard S. - Today at 06:17:10 AM
More progress made on my covers gallery for Marvel UK's 'The Ren & Stimpy' show comic from 1994/5 - still missing 7 covers though

https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/2024/05/updated-ren-stimpy-show-marvel-uk.html
Announcements / Re: 2000 AD - The Ultimate Col...
Last post by castle4 - 30 April, 2024, 11:57:33 PM
Quote from: sintec on 30 April, 2024, 04:44:48 PMHeh yeah was me. Have had a fair amount of life chaos over recent months so haven't been keeping all my spreadsheets up to date. Will try and find some time to add all the recently released volumes and get the graphs back up to date.

I'd be grateful if you get the opportunity to update them, found your previous graphs very interesting.
Prog / Re: Prog 2380 - By Steed and S...
Last post by IndigoPrime - 30 April, 2024, 08:44:20 PM
Another good issue, I thought. Lovely cover. A funny Droid Life. What's probably going to amount to a slight Dredd, devoid of broader context, but, well, it's still Dredd vs Shako. Aquila gets bloody (or bloodier) and Brink and Proteus Vex both ramp up the interest. Only Indigo Prime has kind of lost me. Maybe it'd work if it was a precursor to handing a strand of it back to Smith, but I very much doubt that!

Oh, and a letters page. Albeit one in which Tharg confirms that the 'series finale' for Full Tilt Boogie really does mean the end of the strip. A pity, but I suppose at least it'll get an ending. *cough*Brass Sun*cough*
Books & Comics / Alan Moore's new novel signed ...
Last post by rogue69 - 30 April, 2024, 07:58:43 PM
Waterstones are selling on pre-order Alan Moore's new novel The Great When: A Long London Novel: Signed Exclusive Edition (Hardback) for just £20 possibly the only way to get hold an Alan Moore auto at the moment

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the-great-when/alan-moore/9781526682871?fbclid=Iw
News / Re: The Great Dante Readthroug...
Last post by Colin YNWA - 30 April, 2024, 07:37:06 PM
Yep as JayzusB said great stuff as ever. Can't wait for the second half of Thieves World. Will be very interesting to hear what you think as this story arc develops given some of the conversation this time. Avoid any number of threads here mind!
News / Re: Mega collection spine char...
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - 30 April, 2024, 07:09:29 PM
I don't have it but a quick Google images search tells me that's definitely Raptaur.  What a great piece of artwork!  Patrick Goddard, if I'm not mistaken?
News / Re: The Great Dante Readthroug...
Last post by JayzusB.Christ - 30 April, 2024, 07:05:56 PM
Got halfway through it at work today then my headphones died.  Great stuff as always, will finish my listen tomorrow!
Suggestions / Re: Judge Dredd TV series
Last post by The Legendary Shark - 30 April, 2024, 06:34:41 PM

So, apart from electron microscopes, GPS satellites, hoover bags, protective tape, flasks, cleaning equipment, food preservation, chemical engineering, vessel-proofing, space probes, testing chambers, kissing and eye-watering fellatio, what have vacuums ever done for us?

Suggestions / Re: Judge Dredd TV series
Last post by Funt Solo - 30 April, 2024, 06:20:24 PM
I'm glad you brought that up. To get us back on-topic, it's worth pointing out that vacuum is used to adhere protective tape to the front surface of lens blanks (y'know, for spectacles) before the grinding and surfacing process.