Chris Weston or John Hicklenton - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 15

Started by Colin YNWA, 21 May, 2021, 06:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Tomorrow, tomorrow
This votes closes tomorrow
Don't worry the next vote is only
A day away....

So maybe I'll make my vote in musical form... that's a no.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this one. I really struggled with Chris Weston's earlier work as he developed in front of us, but there is no denying he's become an astonishing talent and I'm always quietly amazed we still see him pop up as often as he does when he must be in such demand. His affection for the comic just shines through. John Hicklenton was an amazing artist whose style was quite something to take in. One of those artists whose work just entirely shakes things up and grips you. Hence I think some folks don't enjoy it. My issue with John's work is this astonishing impact sometimes came at the cost of fundamental storytelling and for me that's a key component. I prefer John as an artist but Chris as a storyteller and I'm here for the stories and so:

Chris Weston 3: John Hicklenton 2

sintec

Been sitting on the fence on this one. Love both artists but for very different reasons. After much consideration I think I'm going to have to go with:

Hicklenton 3 : Weston 2

BPP

I wasn't a big fan of Weston at the start but he's just refined and developed his own classical style to the point it overwhelms the hit-and-miss creative energy of hickleton 3-2.

Both great artists.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

And with that the turn around is complete. We end the third week of competition in a position no one would have seen coming with Current Team ahead in the competition! In this one John Hickleton possibly won as many votes as Chris Weston but the simple fact is John's style meant some folks just don't get on with it  and so Chris got a number of whitewashes giving him a comfortable win overall.

What a turnaround and what can Classic Team do to turn it around?

Current Team 8 : Classic Team 7

Current Team 690 : Classic Team 719

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TordelBack

Quote from: broodblik on 24 May, 2021, 09:06:32 AM
Interesting both teams are ahead and behind

One of Umberto Eco's lesser-known Features of Fascism...

Colin YNWA

Yeah a scenario I proposed but didn't actually think would happen is there - if we ended now - that being Current winning on points and thus lifting the trophy BUT Classic getting more points as they'd won their ties by larger margins. The second half will be mighty interest!