Main Menu

David Taylor or Jesus Redondo - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 16

Started by Colin YNWA, 24 May, 2021, 06:35:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Big week for Classic Team this one. After such a confident start their lead had been clawed back and finally at the end of last weeks ties over... whoops that's spoilers that is... well for a couple of minutes at least. Suffice to say they need a big week to restore confident. Will they get it?

Well the week starts with a doozy. A tie I personally find almost impossible to call as it involves two of my personal favourite. David Taylor art has developed over the years and has such an astonishing European influence. He met Henry Flint second round of the Current Tourney. He's just been getting better and better though, even since then and his latest series 'Megatropolis' seems to have been a smash hit with fans. Jesus Redondo on the other hand HAIRY SPIDERS. I mean sure his art is so much more than that but HAIRY SPIDERS. For me Jesus was by far the best of the European artists (well possibly one exception aside I guess!) that graced the early Prog and one of the best Tharg has had. Alas he meet Ron Smith in the 2nd Round of the Classic Tourney and fell aside there. How do we choose between them...

Time for you to decide your favourite as the droids square up to the tee...

David Taylor - more info

OR

Jesus Redondo - more info

Remember for this tourney you have 5 votes to distribute as you please between these two artists, whole numbers only. So you can vote 5 - 0; 4 - 1; or 3 - 2; either way depending on how much more you like one artist's work over the other.

If you can't be doing with that just name your favourite - remember bold tags, or other ways of highlighting always appreciated - and I'll give them 3 votes and nowt to the other droid.

Three day votes, so this one ends morning of Thursday 27th May

Remember we only consider work for Tharg in these Tourneys

What the heck is all this about - well we have a thread for that

How does this new voting work? Look here and why again?

I don't understand how this works, what are the rules of the Ryder Cup - yep got ya covered there too

Anything else just ask and I'll make something up. Most importantly have fun!

BPP

Another agonising choice. 3-2 Taylor. Another incredible artist we're lucky to have in the modern era.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Magnetica

Taylor's recent run on Megatropolis has catapulted him into the highest echelon of artists for me. I never really got Redondo's art - it always seem a bit scrappy to me, and so it's an easy choice:

Taylor 5 : 0 Redondo

abelardsnazz

I think Jesus is often the undersung Nemesis artist, with such great work on Book 2. Also Return to Armageddon and so many Future Shocks. And Dave's given us Big Robots.

Jesus Redondo 3, Dave Taylor 2.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

Redondo 3
Taylor 2

In the end this came down to balancing the pleasure Nemesis Book 2 has given me over the years, with that of Megatropolis and how much it may prove to bring me.

I was close, but Redondo gave us those pages of the spiders hunting humans- which are probably my favourite pages from the prog, ever.

SBT

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

rogue69

paddykafka

TordelBack

Taylor is brill, with indescribably beautiful and intricate backgrounds and Moebiusque figures, but in addition to the most beautiful women (neck and neck with Gibson) and the hairiest demons, Redondo drew two of my all-time favourite comics (Ring Road and The Time Machine).  Plus I just re-read the magnificent Nemesis Book II last week, so I'm afraid it's going to have to be...

Redondo 4 - Taylor 1

milstar

Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

Sean SD

AlexF

I love me some Redondo but I LOVE me some Taylor. And in part I like him even more because he's made me enjoy some comics that didn't necessarily have the best stories (Big Robots, looking at you - but Megatropolis feels better than it is because the arts suits it so well. Whereas Redondo illustrated some stories that weer already very good. I mean, he made Return to Armageddon even more fun, but it's fundamentally bonkers joy to me.

Taylor 3, Redondo 2

Dog Deever

Redondo 5 Taylor 0

Who's better than Jesus?

(Carlos... only Carlos is better than Jesus)
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Rogue Judge

Redondo 3, Taylor 2

Both great artists who's works I've not yet read a lot of.

DrJomster

Love me that Megatropolis...

But do note that Return To Armageddon and That Nemesis Book were pretty good too!

Taylor 3 Redondo 2
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.