Main Menu

2000AD Message Board Advent Calendar COMMENTS thread.

Started by Pete Wells, 30 November, 2014, 11:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Broughton

Hi Hawkmonger,  I hope you get your scanner sorted too.  I can't wait to see your contribution.   :D
I really missed Badcityblue's contribution the other day?  What ever happens though I wish both of you well. :)

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: Jon on 14 December, 2014, 08:36:58 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 13 December, 2014, 11:29:53 AM
the non-scrot pic made me laugh too. That breast must be totally photoshopped!! ;)

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. It was my wife's, um, concept, and I was worried no-one would get it. This makes me feel much better. :)

I should have said 'that tail is photoshopped' - might have made more sense!

Mike Carroll

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 15 December, 2014, 07:39:53 PM
the non-scrot pic made me laugh too. That breast must be totally photoshopped!! ;)

Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you. It was my wife's, um, concept, and I was worried no-one would get it. This makes me feel much better. :)

Oh, now I get it! Leonia told me about the photo that was the inspiration for the pic - wouldn't have got it otherwise! Great pic, by the way, as is the first one!

Jon

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 15 December, 2014, 08:41:30 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 15 December, 2014, 07:39:53 PM

Oh, now I get it! Leonia told me about the photo that was the inspiration for the pic - wouldn't have got it otherwise! Great pic, by the way, as is the first one!

Thank you all.

It initially bore the slogan, "Break the nest!", but we decided that was, well, a bit shit.

Jacqusie

Thanks everyone so far for their contributions, amazing stuff!

Loving your work so much John on the Dirty Frank xmas card, such incredible work gone in there.

Also to Stu 101 for the Judge Snowman scene - reminded me of Calvin and Hobbes at Xmas - nice one!

Keep up the good work peeps!

Si

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Stu - That is fantastic and a very clever idea. I'm a big fan of Calvin and Hobbes too.
Tiplodicus! - That's really great, some really nice detail too.
Albion - Another great decoration for your 2000atree
eamonn1961 - Looks good enough to eat
JayzusB.Christ - Amazing work. Might have to head into Dublin to see it in the flesh. And a very generous offer too.
Jon - Wow, that is absolutely stunning.
CrazyFoxMachine & SKD - Terrifying, but in a very good way.
pictsy - Fantastic work.

TordelBack

Really fantastic stuff this week, I enjoy this calendar so much.  One thing does bother me: why can't we have a Rogue Trooper story this good in the Prog?

shaolin_monkey

So the good stuff keeps coming! I missed the Dredd gingerbread men earlier - the taste of Justice! A Xmassy prize Judge Pal might dish out for dobbing in parents who give stolen items as seasonal gifts.

Nice Durham there Pictsy! Nothing like a splash of Red at Xmas !

Loving the Rogue Trooper story. I always wondered what happened during their training, and am very curious to see how this tale ends.

The wrong Xmas prezzies strip is very funny! Gene's fly swatter really made me chuckle.

JayzusB.Christ

QuoteWhat's that? I forgot all about this until last night, then churned this rubbish out in a couple of hours? Ridiculous!!!

:lol:  I loved your strip, Spaceghost, but that made me laugh even more.

And Rogue is getting better and better.  'Synth' as a swearword?  Now that's new!
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

pictsy

Thanks to everyone for the kind words, I'm glad you liked my contribution.

The advent calender is proving to be a wealth of excellent stuff, looking forward to more :D

von Boom

:lol:

Great stuff all. Vid about a jimp... Perfect crap gift.