Main Menu

Judge Dredd Annual 1981 Signatures

Started by barneytabasco, 22 May, 2020, 06:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barneytabasco

Image added—IP

barneytabasco

Aaaghh! Can anyone else other than me see the photo attached to this post?

Colin YNWA

You need to get the link for forums - which is an option when you click share - though if you are using the app its a bit of a mare!

Should end .jpg and then you can use the image tags?

The link works fine though.

barneytabasco

No, sorry Colin. The only bit of your message I understood was

The question I have is who's is the blue signature. I can make out Kevin O'Neill and Robin Smith, Bryan Talbot and Pete Milligan.

I received this with a bunch of other annuals off ebay this week. The seller didn't mention about the signatures. I'm assuming they will have been obtained all at once at a signing. 

Funt Solo

Brett Ewins.

You can see it again here on the fifth sig. down.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

barneytabasco

Thanks Funt. It is Brett Ewins isn't it. It was a nice surprise to see the signatures but... does anyone else get annoyed when things are signed by people who have no relation to the actual item?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: barneytabasco on 22 May, 2020, 07:45:34 PM
Thanks Funt. It is Brett Ewins isn't it. It was a nice surprise to see the signatures but... does anyone else get annoyed when things are signed by people who have no relation to the actual item?

Yeah normally that is the case, unless its some kinda generic thing. Like I got a load of signatures in the 40th birthday issue from any 2000ad creator at the 40th bash, if I didn't have something specific for them to sign that I'd taken with me. That felt fine as it was an issue marking the whole of 2000ad history.

In a case like this I'd like the creators to be involved in some way. But its kinda cool to have just the same.

Quote from: barneytabasco on 22 May, 2020, 07:20:09 PM
No, sorry Colin. The only bit of your message I understood was

See now its clear that lack of clarity is something all my posts have, not just the ones were I try to explain something specific!

Funt Solo

Personally I don't want any signatures besmirching my otherwise pristine merch, but I realize I may be in the minority there.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tjm86

Could I ask what the question is?  This looks like the index page of the copy of the 1981 JD annual I own as well.

barneytabasco

Hi, I was unsure who's the blue signature was. Is your copy signed exactly the same?

Tjm86

I'd certainly say similar rather than identical.  It looks like Brett Ewins to me.

I'll have to dig it out and have a gander.

seanharry

Bryan Talbot
Brett Ewins
Pete Milligan
Robin Smith
Kevin O'Neill