Main Menu

Mezco Judge Dredd!

Started by Grugz, 22 July, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I have wondered about this too. Given the difficulty in scaling down a functional zipper, wouldn't it be easier to have it  as non-functional decoration and use some sort of invisible fixing at the back or side instead? Is this normal in the 1:12 world?

Incidentally, I have chuckled at Disco Dredd in the past, but some of those photos make him look fantastic after all.

Spikes

I wish there was an option to buy the rad-cloak and large gun seperately, for those that already have the standard figure...

teckno viking

Quote from: Spikes on 19 April, 2016, 04:10:40 PM
I wish there was an option to buy the rad-cloak and large gun seperately, for those that already have the standard figure...

Totally Agree with that statement.  Alas now bought 3 PX just for acc;s. However leaves me to customise the figures now. Dyeing the Disco Blue suit looks to be promising and repainting elbow/Knee pads and ofc Helmet too.

Add was able to completely break down one so totally stripped. Next to see if it is possible to mod the feet for greater articulation.

So yes acc's Loose would have been Fantastic, as it is however having fun getting to grasps the durability and build of the MEZCO buying 3 PX.  Though still prefer my standard one above all from Mezco.

TheTooN

Spikes - Is that you Iain ? Followed the original art link on your sig and saw the Kennedy VC's page.

Selling variants with exclusive accessories is evil but I dont blame the toyco's for maximising return on design work. I dont like it mind you but I do get why they do it. 3A's 2000ad display at the Emerald City con showed their navy Dredd and guess what.....it has an exclusive shotgun :P

I'd honestly never thought about the Zip on Mezco Dredd. Just looked at pics and now I see it...thanks ! ;) Its the piece the zip attaches to rather than the teeth but it does look on the large side. I'd guess it was done specifically to minimise breakages. Instructions say dont pull on it so maybe it gave them problems and they upped the size to counter. 3A's looks similar in size.

On the Lawmaster I've not read the comic since the early 90's. I dont think I ever saw anything but the MK1. I was dead set against the Mezco bike when I first saw it but its grown on me over time. I'm a bit worried about the strength of 3A's MK1 I can see snapped handlebars if I'm not careful sticking his hands on the grips. Hopefully I'm wrong and its solid !

I'm not really buying anything these days except 1/12th 2000ad and an odd statue so I hope to be able to find the cash for all 3 3A sets. Reg Mezco bikes on order, I'd love to add the b/w bike to the figure but not heard anything regarding release date or how they will issue it. PX set is a real toughy, if I'd known they were doing the PX as a set I'd have held off on buying the single. I cant customise for shit so an extra Disco Dredd would have to be sold on.

Spikes

Quote from: TheTooN on 19 April, 2016, 07:47:39 PM
Spikes - Is that you Iain ? Followed the original art link on your sig and saw the Kennedy VC's page.

Hi TooN,
Yes, that's me. And welcome, btw - I see you have recently joined.
So, you are one of the chaps on the FB 2000ad art pages?

TheTooN

Yeah, I'm mostly a lurker in there (Scott Wilkinson) I've commented on your superb Carlos Apocalypse War commission in the past.

I'm hoping to buy some art soon but struggling with the prices on pages I want. Almost bought a couple of Carlos pages last month but just couldnt pull the trigger. Prices have gone up so much in the past few years. It'll come with time :)

Ta for the welcome mate.

teckno viking

Scott PM me mate I have 3 issues spare of Mega Collection if like me finally decided to plunge in LOL

BTW Welcome aboard (Jason here) :D

TheTooN

Ta mate. I'm trying like mad to keep away from them tbh Jason. Trying and doing aint always the same tho ! I bought the first 60 Marvel ones and have barely touched them. Could have had a really nice Carlos SD page for the same money which makes me think.

I know if I get a couple and enjoy them I'll want them all. I probably wouldnt read that many and I definitely have no space to put another 60 books. I'm tempted to ask which ones you have doubles of but thats the first foot on the slippery slope !

I've seen comments on facebook about the yellow pads on Disco Dredd and scratched my head. I see an older version of Dredd but the pads didnt stand out to me at all as being wrong. Its been a long long time since I read the comics tho and my memory isnt the best. I had a play with the rad cloak and pads on disco Dredd and took this pic. I was convinced I could remember seeing Judges with capes/cloaks with pads on the outside. Jason (and others) confirmed it wasnt the case and I was a fruit loop :P I still quite like the look of it. Oh and those are 3A Deaths hands, I was going to add some text that he's been in the cursed earth a wee bit too long ;)

Mardroid

Heh. I like it.

I didn't vet the discounted Dredd in the end, although I was planning to until pretty late. £50.00 isn't bad for this quality figure, but it is still expensive for something one isn't entirely happy with.

And I've the classy 3a combo coming anyway. (I hope that Dredd's feet are more firmly attached than Sam's! I like the Sam figure but straight out of the box his foot came off!)

I will likely keep my eye on Mezco Dredds and lawmaster to see if there are any deals to be had. I entered the recent competition for the Monochrome Variant too.

I will keep my eye out for other Mezco

teckno viking

No worries Scott, as said three doubles so if you change your mind mate LMK.

Death hands brings a different meaning to JAZZ HANDS HAHAHAHA  Though an interesting idea too :D

TheTooN

Yeah £50 is too much for a figure your not knocked out by, better spent elsewhere.

I cant wait for 3A's Dredd, it seems like forever already. Gregory's said Dredd's boots will have some articulation so they need to be a firmer fit or they'll never stay on. Sams trousers seem to be preventing a tight fit with the peg. I took it apart to have closer look.

Sam's boots....Mine were the same and I'll say again as beautiful as he is, maybe best left in the packaging. His bandolier snaps open from the slightest touch, bandolier came apart on the diagonal section too, one boot tassle fell off, boots fell off. Superglue fixed the tassle and diagonal easily enough.

I had a real chew on to get the bandolier to sit at the correct height at the waist so it just covers the top of the trousers. Ended up putting a small elastic band around his waist which holds both pieces of clothing in place and also makes the bandolier tight and snug. Added a blob of blu-tac on the clasp at the back and it stays put now.

All in all it was worth it, he's a lovely looking figure just a little bit fiddly.

I saw the regular Lawamster online at just under a ton the other day. They had the PX set at £140 which made me wonder if they had priced them incorrectly. Same sets £200 at FP.

Competition for the monochrome..? What have I missed ? I want that black and white Mezco bike bad.

I love chopping and changing bits n pieces on the figs Jason, just keep me pointed the right way when I make schoolboy errors ;)

Mardroid

Yes, the trouser bunching seemed to be affecting the tight fit of Sam's boots. Fabric clothing on premium figures is a nice touch, but the fit needs to be right.

Both are feet are  loose, one more than the other. Once in place he can stand okay though.

Conversely the hands are fine and they're made to be replaced! They are pulled off with little effort, which is nice as it saves on wear, but they don't just come off. I don't plan to exchange them much anyway, picking two that I like, gripping hand and fist.

Mardroid

The competition was in the last 2000ad mail.

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it. There'll be more subscribers and thus competitors now!  :lol:

TheTooN

With the lack of artic it might be worth thinking about gluing the boots to the legs. Not like you'd be losing much as the rotation doesnt do much for posing.

I've had no problems with the hands but I've never changed them since day one. I've read comments elsewhere that people were frustrated they were falling off so maybe its the luck of the gods. I've posed my Mezcos to the point the wrists are a bit limp, Dredd would not approve ;)

I dont read the comic these days, was that a subbie based mail ? And is the competition the only way to get one ? Or just to get one for free if you won ? I dont think I'm ready to start reading the comic again but I love the figure and really want the b/w Lawmaster to go with him so who knows  :crazy:

TheTooN

If anyones got their box for the McMahon how to draw Dredd statue handy, the spare Eagles work quite well for an old school vibe. Fit is far from perfect but its nice to have an alternate from the one supplied.

Has anyone had new Eagles commissioned yet ?