Main Menu

ComicScene Awards 2024 results

Started by rogue69, 07 February, 2024, 10:38:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

The results for this years ComicScene Awards are out now with 2000AD winning "Best UK Comic", Ian Gibson's Lifeboat coming 2nd & Bolt1 Annual coming 3rd in "Best Crowdfunder", the 77 "Best Indie Comic", Garth Ennis "Best Creator 2023" & 2000AD coming 2nd "Best Comic of All Time"

Full results here; https://comicscene.org/2024/02/01/comicscene-award-winners-2024-to-be-announced-here-07-02-24-7am/

IndigoPrime

That does feel like a results roster from a very... specific audience type. Some thoughts:

- Nice to see The Phoenix in second in Best UK Comic. Interesting The Beano does not place.
- I really don't understand my generation's infatuation with Spider-man 2099.
- Best Young Graphic Novel appears to have been voted for by people who either don't have kids or don't care what kids like. I mean, come on. BvM behind Regened? No Barb? No Investigators? That's very much "I recognise 2000 AD and/or Asterix" from most voters.
- Nice to see recognition for Thorogood, given the sheer imagination in It's Lonely at the Centre of the Earth.

tonyf33

There is an article about the Awards in the new ComicScene - you can get it here.
Other things inside include article on Hugo Tait in Argentina, Tiger, TinTin and a new picture strip by KekW and Charlie Gillespie - Ruby Tuesday.