Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Something Fishy

Quote from: Trout on 09 May, 2013, 11:42:39 PM
So... despite a hellish journey getting there, today's interview went very well. They've asked me to come back for a second interview and have said I'm on a shortlist of two. Promising!

Within minutes of getting home I found myself returning a phone call which involved some pre-interview questions that may or may not turn into something interesting. Then, out of the blue, I had a separate call inviting me to an interview next week with another newspaper.

I think I'm getting the hang of this. After almost two months in Canada trying to get somewhere in the job market, it's a massive relief to feel like I'm making progress!

Good luck mate,  tyat was my birthday , a good day for fish.  May it bring you much fishy luck.

Trout

Thanks, lads. I'm not quite where I want to be yet but I'm feeling good about it.

Cue Russell Watson: "It's been a loooong road..."  :lol:

Something Fishy

Quote from: Trout on 10 May, 2013, 06:12:50 PM
Thanks, lads. I'm not quite where I want to be yet but I'm feeling good about it.

Cue Russell Watson: "It's been a loooong road..."  :lol:
Its all coming together.   :)

staticgirl

COMMANDO FORCES

As I was meandering through the town earlier I saw this :o

von Boom

Link Prime

I was more impressed with the 'Real Ale Served Here' sign.
I'm thirsty!

Bolt-01

because I've not seen it on here before but one of our own is up for an award.

Shameless plug via FQP Blog but the news has been seen in a few places. Serious congrats to the Prof.

TordelBack

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 26 May, 2013, 10:52:45 AM
because I've not seen it on here before but one of our own is up for an award.

Shameless plug via FQP Blog but the news has been seen in a few places. Serious congrats to the Prof.

That's fantastic, well done on getting the nomination Prof, and best of luck! Just check out some previous winners: Gene Ha, Scott McCloud, Eric Shanower and Jeff Smith!   :o

http://www.comic-con.org/awards/russ-manning

Trout

JOB!

I'm going to be a news reporter again and I cannot wait to get stuck in. Frankly, I'm waiting for the bad news because today's news has all been good. The salary, benefits (medical, dental etc), expenses and other perks are all great. They're even going to give me an iPhone. I'm stunned by my own luck.

Meanwhile, I'm turning down two other jobs to take this one, and declining another interview. Oh, yes please. It took me two months after arriving in Canada but things are definitely going well now!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Zarjazzer

Well done Trout that's great news.(pun intended :))
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Dandontdare

woohoo, well done Trouty. Do you get a trilby with a little PRESS ticket in it?

von Boom

Trout

Thanks, lads. I do need to buy a hat... I may go a bit hipster.  ;)