Main Menu

Life's so drokking fantastic because (the rebirth)

Started by vzzbux, 22 April, 2010, 08:14:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

radiator

Ha, I just met someone the other day that works on that show. They were filming it up in the hills when we were here last year, too.

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm expecting pictures from location shoots now ;)

When we watch the series in HD, the scenery looks stunning!

radiator

Oregon is pretty stunning - especially the coast and forests. Everyone keeps telling me that Central Oregon is incredible, will have to get down there at some point.

Trout

Glad you're settling in, Radiator!

I had that same experience with music when I moved to Canada. It was a nice surprise.

And you're right about positive attitudes. I had to leave the UK before I realised how miserable and negative British people can be. (Of course I don't mean everyone, but there is a culture of complaining in the UK that doesn't exist in other places.)

Link Prime

Quote from: Trout on 12 April, 2014, 02:05:53 AM
(Of course I don't mean everyone, but there is a culture of complaining in the UK that doesn't exist in other places.)

Cough.

Glad to hear it's working out for you Radiator, sounds like a nice place.

Frank

Quote from: Link Prime on 12 April, 2014, 01:53:38 PM
I had to leave the UK before I realised how miserable and negative British people can be ... there is a culture of complaining in the UK that doesn't exist in other places

Cough

Cough-cough!  Heartening to know that becoming Canadian hasn't changed Trout's essential nature. It's great that you're acclimatising, radiator, but I'm sure you'll eventually look back fondly on having your ears assaulted by nihilistic grime and garage every time you buy trainers.

Trout

I'm kind if relieved I didn't get flamed too badly for that statement.  ;)

Richmond Clements

The Enigmatic Dr X

(Of course I don't mean everyone, but there is a culture of complaining in the UK that doesn't exist in other places. Unless I'm there.)

FTFY

You can take the boy out of Dundee...
Lock up your spoons!

Trout

Actually, I'm agreeing with Radiator's opinion that when you leave the UK you get less whingey.

Frank

Quote from: Trout on 12 April, 2014, 08:14:02 PM
Actually, I'm agreeing with Radiator's opinion that when you leave the UK you get less whingey

You were whinging about the tendency of those in the UK to whinge! You can't agree with radiator's opinion that when you leave the UK you become less whingey, because that isn't what he said:

Quote from: radiator on 11 April, 2014, 05:10:12 PM
I'm consistently astounded by how lovely everyone is, even if they're not trying to sell you something - everyone wants to chat, and it makes you more open and less guarded - the usual British fallback of being cynical and sarcastic doesn't really fly here - you'd just come across as a moody arse

Trout

OK. I agree with what he said. Let's leave it at that.

Something Fishy

Yu can take the trout out of grumble land but you can't take grumble land out of the trout  :D

My plan is to retire to Brittany.  Sod the cheery new world, I'll take laid back aloof every time.

Something Fishy

Seriously though must admit I were moving from London where it all seems so busy and unfriendly I think that would really jump out at me.

But living down here in the poorer, less busy and much happier far west I just don't see the same UK.  People have time for each other, talk to strangers, smile at each other. It's a lovely place to be.  I can't wait to come how hen it have been up to the busy grumpy places.