Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 06 August, 2013, 08:42:02 AM
Some very tasty art there, Dale - especially the Steve Dillon Pressbutton / Laser Eraser stuff. 

That is some real prime Dillon. Dont think i ever caught more than a couple of those stories - wasnt they reprinted in Warrior?
Any of these going to be up for grabs, Dale?

Skullmo

I'm actually really interested in that University of Newcastle picture that Simeon had, hopefully he will sell or trade! PM sent.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Tjm86

Quote from: Judge Jack on 06 August, 2013, 05:40:03 PM
Quote from: ming on 06 August, 2013, 08:42:02 AM
Some very tasty art there, Dale - especially the Steve Dillon Pressbutton / Laser Eraser stuff. 

That is some real prime Dillon. Dont think i ever caught more than a couple of those stories - wasnt they reprinted in Warrior?
Any of these going to be up for grabs, Dale?

I thought that Warrior was the original and they were reprinted from Warrior but am willing to be corrected.  Cracking stuff at the time along with so much else in those pages.  His more recent Marvel stuff feels decidedly inferior compared to his 80's work ( Alone in a Crowd is my all time favourite Dredd standalone and would definitely be a grail piece for me).

Pete Wells

Oh furk me, did I spot THIS in Dale's pile? One of my fave covers ever?

ming

Quote from: Pete Wells on 06 August, 2013, 08:06:28 PM

Well it's that image, but the apparent size made me think it couldn't be the original cover - only Dale knows, I guess...

hippynumber1

Quote from: ming on 06 August, 2013, 08:35:06 PM
Quote from: Pete Wells on 06 August, 2013, 08:06:28 PM

Well it's that image, but the apparent size made me think it couldn't be the original cover - only Dale knows, I guess...

True; look how close the edge of the page is to Dredd's badge in Dale's pic compared to the published cover - a cropped stat perhaps?

dark-spartan

I thought I would add my companion Greg Staples Slaine piece to the one I posted a few days ago - not quite as striking and iconic as the horned god pose but is just amazing up close

Fatboydale

Quote from: dark-spartan on 07 August, 2013, 01:58:10 PM
I thought I would add my companion Greg Staples Slaine piece to the one I posted a few days ago - not quite as striking and iconic as the horned god pose but is just amazing up close

Just lovely Mr B ....

dark-spartan

From someone who has seen sold, traded and moved on art that would to most be grail pieces that is praise indeed Dale - thanks

Fatboydale

Rob Moran pin up from 2000ad annual 1981

hippynumber1

Sneak peak at my latest Mr Macabre page (pg 2) pre-restoration. This includes a temporary fix in loving tribute to our friend Bob - can you spot it?

Sideshow Bob

A most Excellent page, Mark..... :D
And thanks for the tribute !!.......

I take it that just leaves 2 pages to complete your storyline ??
Very Best of Luck in your continuing search,  and as before,  if I find anything you'll be 1st to know ...
At our pre-arranged price of course............No 'wild' profiteering here.... ;)
Cheers
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

hippynumber1

Yup! Just need the first and last page now!  :D

Spikes

Nice one! After searching all the usual avenue's, i love the random way this page came into your possession.
Best of luck with the remaining pages, Mark.

Sideshow Bob

Yes, very interested in knowing how it all came about....
Like to tell us the story, Mark ???..........How it all happened and why Mr Macabre in particular.....

I started my Devlin Waugh collection just by co-incidence more than anything....I had just read Swimming in Blood in the Programme and thought it was magnificent,  and absolutely loved the drawing and the character of  Devlin Waugh...
I just happened to be visiting my brother in London, stopped at the Comic Shop in Neale Street in Covent Garden and saw 2 pages....Couldn't believe it ( or the price of £300 in 1992 !! ) and just had to buy them and have been hooked ever since...

So, c'mon why Mr Macabre, what started you on this one in particular ??
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890