Main Menu

FIRST LAWMASTER PIC FROM DREDD!

Started by Michaelvk, 21 January, 2011, 03:12:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

I think the reason for the comparison is more that it's brought up that a comic-ish lawmaster would never be practical because of the size of the wheels.

And then the Dark Knight came out, and it showed that something that large could be done.

That said, they had a $185 million dollar budget for that film.

dweezil2

Quote from: vzzbux on 06 February, 2011, 10:27:52 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the only resemblance between the comic Lawmaster and the bat bike is the fat wheels?

V

I've never considered there any similarity between the Dark Knight Bat-Bike and Dredd's Lawmaster.
The Dark Knight bike doesn't really scream bike to me at any level and to these untrained eyes looks like some designer knocked up in a couple of minutes-$185,000,000 budget or not.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

vzzbux

Sorry Dweezil2 it was just a generalisation. Like the Minty bike some of the nay sayers keep referring to it.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

dweezil2

Quote from: vzzbux on 06 February, 2011, 10:47:17 PM
Sorry Dweezil2 it was just a generalisation. Like the Minty bike some of the nay sayers keep referring to it.

V

It's cool man! :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

minus

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 06 February, 2011, 08:34:15 PM
Quote from: minus on 06 February, 2011, 08:26:50 PM
...well why does Minty have a better Lawmaster than Dredd then?

because it's not real, it's CGI, please stop making comparisons and using one to beat the other

Oh.... It's NOT real? I had no idea. Looks pretty real to me.

SuperSurfer

Please. Not the "it looks like the designer knocked it up in 2 minutes" comment.

Just had to get that off my chest.

Michaelvk

While I had very little to do with the design of the bike, I challenge any one to design a bike/prop/costume that:
A: fits the budget
B: fits the brief
C: is practical AND reliable (do you want a million dollar a day if not more shooting crew waiting for you? I don't..)
D: is actually buildable.

It's all good and well wondering why can't they just cgi something, but for a 2k print, 3d or not, it's hellishly expensive. Like it's looks or not, the guys that built the Batpod as well as the Lawmaster and made them both practical working vehicles are deserving a lot of credit.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

minus

I get what you're saying and can appreciate budget and time constraints. I'm not concerned that it doesn't 'look like in the comics'. I'm sure whoever built it can weld and use an angle grinder. The problem I have with it is is looks bad. Credit to the builders (perhaps), but the design is amateur. If the CGI was out of the budget, the hiring of an existing bike would have seemed a logical conclusion. Anyway, Dredd's bike and helmet etc aren't really THAT important to me. It is getting a tad boring now.

TordelBack

Richmond Clements

QuoteCredit to the builders (perhaps),

Charming.

Quotebut the design is amateur.

Now that is just a fucking stupid thing to say, isn't it?

JOE SOAP

Quote from: minus on 07 February, 2011, 08:35:11 AM
Anyway, Dredd's bike and helmet etc aren't really THAT important to me.

Do you like Judge Dredd?

Quote from: minus on 07 February, 2011, 08:35:11 AM
It is getting a tad boring now.

Don't make make ridiculous comparisons then that are too late to change, move on, find something else to post about.

Spaceghost

HELP, I'm trapped in a nightmare where very stupid people mistakenly believe they have a right to an opinion!!!

HELP! I CAN'T WAKE UP!!!
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Banners

Quote from: minus
PROUDLY CELEBRATING 21 YEARS OF UNEMPLOYMENT AND TAXPAYER HANDOUTS

I hope that's not true...?!?

Matt Timson

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 07 February, 2011, 09:38:07 AM
QuoteCredit to the builders (perhaps),

Charming.

Quotebut the design is amateur.

Now that is just a fucking stupid thing to say, isn't it?

You seem strangely surprised...
Pffft...

Richmond Clements

I have a misplaced faith in human nature.