Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gonk

Quote from: Eric Plumrose on 19 February, 2012, 04:12:00 PM
Quote from: fonky on 19 February, 2012, 03:42:43 PMIf they portrayed Mean as he is envisaged between the pages of 2000ad as a retarded sub species then I can't see how anyone would want to set out to imitate a character so moronic as him : "Duurrr Pa ! Look! It's Judge Dredd! Let me go up on 4 at him!"

If someone's so inclined to repeat what's seen on-screen I somehow doubt a movie character's intelligence will make them think twice.

People are more likely to act out a story that they read in the papers or see on the news, because it is presented as FACT, than they would with a film or book that is presented to them as being made up, fiction.
coming at a cinema near you soon

JOE SOAP

Are they? Seems as mad as saying the films and games did it.

bigjobs67

Not sure on that score? Think Goaty has got That down pat.
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

Bat King

I can't believe a discussion of censorship now seems to show some people on the forum really give solid credence to the 'a film/game/comic' made him want to do it crowd...

Whilst a small proportion of quite bad things perpetrated by people have been put down to this subject it is a very small factor in most cases and a very low amount of crimes in the first place.

Film censors shift greatly over years on what they allow and do not allow.  They are stricter than TV most of the time.

Given the level of knife crime in the UK and gun crime in many parts of the UK... a head butt scene being censored but the other violence getting through is a little reactionary.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Bat King on 19 February, 2012, 10:04:36 PMI can't believe a discussion of censorship now seems to show some people on the forum really give solid credence to the 'a film/game/comic' made him want to do it crowd...

Some people? Bigjobs is the only person who's come close to doing that.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

bigjobs67

So Dredd Yeah. He's checkin himself out in his Rowedy Yates block |Hab front room mirror (Inna Will 'The fukin ledge' Simpson stylee) Thinkin, "Thank fuck I'm not in that massive bummer 'Jenny Paul Gaultqueers' spandax outfit this time round" When all of a sudden up pops Mean (The Chris Cunningham designed)Machine Angel.
He's some how in the Hab and Garland can't explain why...and oooofff! He plants an outstanding Glasgow Kiss right in the middle of Dredds head.
And do you Know what saves him......?
His massive fuckin helmet.
Thats how it plays Bitches. Believe.

Roger Godpleton

You're the worst character ever, Towelie.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

dweezil2

I'm sure Judge Dredd would easily pass with a 15 uncut on Blu/DVD these days if Disney, or who every owns the rights these days can be bothered to re-submit it to the BBFC.
Boring story: I met James Ferman once during a test screening of Batman Forever, just before the BBFC butchered it by around 2 minutes. Said it was a boring story.

Anyway the history of Judge Dredd and the censors is a fairly interesting one for those interested in censorship.

Hollywood Pictures were crying out for a PG-13 from the MPAA when it was submitted originally. The MPAA however slapped it with an R rating. The film was re-submitted with some edits for violence but it was still given an R.

Probably realising the writing was on the wall and that Dredd would get an R whatever was trimmed, the offending material was re-instated and the film was released as an R in the States.

In the U.K. the same version was given a 15 uncut rating at the cinema. Those pesky Mean Machine headbutts were trimmed for the eventual video and DVD release in the U.K, resulting in 2 seconds of cuts,  while every other territory got the uncut U.S version (pick up the German Blu-Ray if you want it in its uncut "glory."

Of course there's still all that cut footage, amounting to 30 minutes worth of material if some reports are to believed, that may never see the light of day and couls result in a radically different film to the one we got!

Phew!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Pete Wells

Quote from: dracula1 on 19 February, 2012, 08:28:06 PM
Whilst lovingly studying the up and coming DREDD pic's (with much anticipation for the movie) l noticed what looks like a shopping trolley in the background shot of Anderson blowing the perps head off.  I'm due my eye test at specsavers so this observation might be wrong.

Well FFS don't tell Sc*j*, he spent one week arguing with himself about the van (he was wrong) and he has spent this week arguing with himself about a skip (again, he's wrong.) If he thinks there's a shopping trolley in a shot he'll implode!

JOE SOAP

I like the trolley and the yellow-carrier bags spilling out.

Goaty

Quote from: Pete Wells on 19 February, 2012, 10:47:43 PM

Well FFS don't tell Sc*j*, he spent one week arguing with himself about the van (he was wrong) and he has spent this week arguing with himself about a skip (again, he's wrong.) If he thinks there's a shopping trolley in a shot he'll implode!

When does he ever right?

dweezil2

The shopping trolley will be replaced by a CGI Mechanismo robot!
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

dracula1

I wonder if they shipped that trolley in from the U. K.  ? ...  or if it's CGI?  :)

bigjobs67

No Fukin way! I want shoppin trolleys scatterin all over the place.

Jared Katooie

bigjobs67, you're my new favourite person.