Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 27 February, 2012, 09:24:47 PM
will it have its own forums and if so who should moderate that

Roger Godpleton.

IAMTHESYSTEM

I assume the Film Company have a plan and our working on it. Nowt we can do to hurry it along.

So breathe in, hold it, count to 10, breathe out and relax...

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Its a shame really that a exterior source is going to create it and not have any input from anyone on these boards and or fans. Which I guess is the nature of the beast. I expect them to turn out a generic website solely based on the film only.

So much potential, there was.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

JOE SOAP

A forum all ready exists, this one.

Spaceghost

Hmm. This film seems uncomfortably close in tone and plot to DREDD.

Hope it doesn't steal any of Joe's thunder.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/1262585/new_poster_for_the_raid_redemption.html
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 28 February, 2012, 01:09:33 AM
Its a shame really that a exterior source is going to create it and not have any input from anyone on these boards and or fans. Which I guess is the nature of the beast. I expect them to turn out a generic website solely based on the film only.

Serious question: why in the world would you think that fans should have any input into the marketing of a movie? I think they has people to do that already.
I don't think Marvel are opening up the marketing strategy for The Avengers to a handful of people who happen to opine on a website, so why should the makers of the Dredd movie.

Goaty

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 28 February, 2012, 03:02:02 PM
Serious question: why in the world would you think that fans should have any input into the marketing of a movie? I think they has people to do that already.
I don't think Marvel are opening up the marketing strategy for The Avengers to a handful of people who happen to opine on a website, so why should the makers of the Dredd movie.

Excellent point.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Lee Bates on 28 February, 2012, 11:50:54 AM

Yeah I saw the trailer the other day, couldn't believe it, the plot is almost exactly the same!

Action wise I think that is going to be superior too, look at all the shit going on in the trailer! But on the other hand Dredd is a badass.

Both these films look amazing, but I really hope Dredd doesn't get accused of being a hollywood copy cat of this! (I know they're both independent, but a lot of people won't)

COMMANDO FORCES

You lot want to get with the programme, we talked about The Raid ages ago  ::)

Fair enough point. What ideally I would like is for a website which would last longer than the movie release and be of some depth rather than just the generic representation of whats in the movie.

Steve Green

Nah, they've just let their toddlers have a go instead :)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 28 February, 2012, 04:59:55 PM

Why? That's not the function of a movie site, and I don't know of any that fulfill this remit. What you are describing sounds suspiciously like the site you're posting on at the moment however.

Fair enough point. What ideally I would like is for a website which would last longer than the movie release and be of some depth rather than just the generic representation of whats in the movie.

Quote from: Steve Green on 28 February, 2012, 06:14:36 PM

Bad photoshop really poor. Theres more talent on here that would do a better job re my point earlier.

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 28 February, 2012, 06:49:36 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 28 February, 2012, 06:14:36 PM

Bad photoshop really poor. Theres more talent on here that would do a better job re part of my point earlier. You can pay a monkey to make something but if theres no empathy with the subject matter your going to end with a bucket of shite.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: Lee Bates on 28 February, 2012, 11:50:54 AM

Similar plot but very different characters. No ladies in this Action flick though it does look very good a hyper kinetic kill all bad guys blast athon.

RAID looks like it's for 18+'s only and if I remember they were allegedly thinking about cutting some parts of DREDD for a 15 title.  Whether they do or not we'll have to wait and see.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla