Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dracula1

l've never seen a thread dry up as quickly.  We have had energetic discussion for over a year and now with five months to go we've run out of steam ( there's nothing out there not even a decent poster!? ). l think the film people should put the cards on the table now and start promoting the film.

Goaty

Let us to having break and enjoy the sunny! we all need energies for lots of talks when any trailers came up...

JOE SOAP

Nothing will happen till after the Raid is has left the building so-to-speak. Wouldn't be good to advertise two films with the same plot at the same time. Kapow in May is the next stop I'd say

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 March, 2012, 10:05:23 PM
Nothing will happen till after the Raid is has left the building so-to-speak. Wouldn't be good to advertise two films with the same plot at the same time. Kapow in May is the next stop I'd say

I agree, some workmates at office was mentioned that the Raid looks good and will see it at cinema, good idea if Dredd trailers not out soon. May is good I thought.

As Joe Soap was says about Total Recall, the trailer just out, and the poster too, but it not looks official does it?

radiator

I was talking films with a friend last night, and he remarked that Dredd seems to have disappeared of the face of the earth - no coverage in magazines, no trailer etc - and was curious if it was still scheduled for release this year, indeed if it was still even being released at all. Had to give him the old assurances!

I'm gonna look a right mug if it turns out crap!

JOE SOAP

We were gonna blame it in you anyway. Thanks.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I have bad feeling Dredd is going to be seen as a rip off of the Raid by most movie goers. Add in the people who just love complaining about hollywood remaking everything and finally the original Judge Dredd and that's a pretty steep hill to climb.

And they STILL aren't even advertising it yet!!

radiator

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 28 March, 2012, 11:16:32 PM
We were gonna blame it in you anyway. Thanks.

Ok, but that means I get to take the credit if it turns out to be good.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 28 March, 2012, 11:35:26 PM
I have bad feeling Dredd is going to be seen as a rip off of the Raid by most movie goers. Add in the people who just love complaining about hollywood remaking everything and finally the original Judge Dredd and that's a pretty steep hill to climb.

And they STILL aren't even advertising it yet!!

Depends how many people see the Raid. It's a fairly small R-rated film -$1 million as opposed to Dredd's $35 million- and it opened last week in a measly 14 US theatres so it's not a wide release by any stretch of the imagination. Most movie-goers won't even see it there. It has a staggered release through Europe in the next few months and will do well, but it'll make its money on DVD.

Although it may have audience overlap with Dredd, they each have a different pull.

Quote from: radiator on 28 March, 2012, 11:44:06 PM

Ok, but that means I get to take the credit if it turns out to be good.

Only if you sign my helmet.

radiator

Isn't The Raid more of a martial arts film?

JOE SOAP

dweezil2

Quote from: radiator on 29 March, 2012, 08:42:41 AM
Isn't The Raid more of a martial arts film?

And it's a foreign language film which will limit its appeal, though I'm looking forward to it.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: dracula1 on 28 March, 2012, 09:56:25 PM
l've never seen a thread dry up as quickly.  We have had energetic discussion for over a year and now with five months to go we've run out of steam ( there's nothing out there not even a decent poster!? ). l think the film people should put the cards on the table now and start promoting the film.

If it wasn't for our not-so-secret undercover agent and our Internet Ace Detective (Michael and Joe Soap respectively) this thread would be half it's length such has been the dearth of info on this film.

IAMTHESYSTEM

I still reckon May/June before we see anything.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

wadew1

I wouldn't be surprised if a trailer was released near the end of April. That's when Jason Statham's movie SAFE comes out in the US. It's an IM GLOBAL film, just like DREDD.