Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: wadew1 on 23 April, 2012, 01:40:47 AM
If the trailer doesn't hit this week, I'm going to be surprised.

Statham's new movie SAFE was financed by the same companies, will be distributed by the same studio (in the US), and will probably have the same rating. Even their budgets are similar.

I love Statham, but can we all agree that Dredd (2012)'s almost certainly going to be a bit better than Safe? Or Mercury Rising 2, as it could easily be subtitled.

JOE SOAP

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 23 April, 2012, 10:32:34 PM
I don't make bets.

Joe Soap is 2000adonline forums's Dredd, his words is the limits.

Goaty

There was New Zealand news article about one of their NZ actors... Karl Urban, included in a little film called Dredd or something...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10795865

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Goaty on 23 April, 2012, 10:50:54 PM
There was New Zealand news article about one of their NZ actors... Karl Urban, included in a little film called Dredd or something...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainment/news/article.cfm?c_id=1501119&objectid=10795865

Same photo ,same quotes, nothing remotely new -the Dredd PR machine rumbles on...

Spaceghost

Yes, we really should be seeing trailers, posters, interviews and merchandise FIVE MONTHS BEFORE THE FILM IS DUE TO COME OUT.

Jesus Christ, what do you expect? It's a relatively low budget film based on a largely not very well known British comic character. It might seem like the most important thing in the world to you but most people aren't aware that the film is even coming out.

Releasing a trailer or any promotional material now, months before it's released, would be stupid, confusing, pointless and self defeating as there would then be a huge gap until the film is available to see.

I would suggest, and this is a guess, that we'll start to see some promotion about two months before the release date. This would seem sensible and realistic.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

MR. ELIMINATOR

Quote from: Lee Bates on 24 April, 2012, 10:25:14 AM
Yes, we really should be seeing trailers, posters, interviews and merchandise FIVE MONTHS BEFORE THE FILM IS DUE TO COME OUT.

Jesus Christ, what do you expect? It's a relatively low budget film based on a largely not very well known British comic character. It might seem like the most important thing in the world to you but most people aren't aware that the film is even coming out.

Releasing a trailer or any promotional material now, months before it's released, would be stupid, confusing, pointless and self defeating as there would then be a huge gap until the film is available to see.

I would suggest, and this is a guess, that we'll start to see some promotion about two months before the release date. This would seem sensible and realistic.

It's not that unheard of to start advertising now.

And what about the Empire thing they did ages ago?

I think the above are all reasons for advertising now as it is not well known that this film is coming out. If they release a trailer two months before hand a lot of people still won't know about it's existence when it hits cinemas.

And I don't see what budget has to do with it when there's a lot of ways to promote for free now with the internet.

The sooner they start pushing it the longer they have to build hype.

IAMTHESYSTEM

The Kapow Comic convention [19-20th May 2012 ] has some Hollywood Panels to be revealed on May the 3rd.

Perhaps one of these 'Hollywood Panels' might be DREDD related? Good place to kick off your promotion since a lot of other industry people will be there.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 24 April, 2012, 11:44:26 AM

And what about the Empire thing they did ages ago?

The Empire special was released when the original Spring release date was still the intention.

SpetsnaZ99

Dark Knight Rises trailers have been out for months and its not released until July
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Molch-R

Seriously, do we HAVE to have this conversation all over again?

Goaty

Quote from: SpetsnaZ99 on 24 April, 2012, 12:40:39 PM
Dark Knight Rises trailers have been out for months and its not released until July

But that was big budget film...

Trout

Quote from: Molch-R on 24 April, 2012, 12:41:45 PM
Seriously, do we HAVE to have this conversation all over again?

That's a far more polite version of what I thought, after stumbling briefly into this thread. I'll just go away again.

Tiplodocus

Moderators, I think this thread is broken.  It seems to keep recycling the same few comments again and again but putting today's date on them.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 24 April, 2012, 12:44:53 PM
Moderators, I think this thread is broken.  It seems to keep recycling the same few comments again and again but putting today's date on them.

Maybe the thread needs "Big JOBS" ?
Never rub another mans rhubarb