Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

You know, re the raised roads.. (I'm as much in the dark as you chaps, so I'm guesstimating here..) .. As someone stated above, there does appear to be plenty of building below the level of what we can see.. Considering they're so established in the comics, I have no doubt they're in the movie..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

dracula1

I'm a right cock   :( ... It's just dawned on me the badge is only visible from that side.  Yes the shot from the other side would be less dynamic.

Michaelvk

..you'de get the eagle though..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

radiator

Raised roads/skeds are mentioned in the script - described as 'ribbons' of road connecting the blocks.

dracula1

Thanks Mr Green for explaining the left handed observation.  I didn't spot your reply way back until now!

Stan

Yep. The eagle is no slouch in the interesting detail department.

Stan

I meant to quote Michael but apparently I'm a bit slow.

dracula1

Eagle side would look cool too.  Maybe 2000ad could do a double page spread of the poster side by side.  One revealing badge other showing eagle! ... Oh!  to dream!  :-)

Steve Green

Quote from: dracula1 on 08 June, 2012, 08:37:35 PM
Thanks Mr Green for explaining the left handed observation.  I didn't spot your reply way back until now!

No problem.

Bubba Zebill

At a glance I saw a few aerial vehicles...not sure that's a gull, more like a twin prop plane (I think)...and the scene is defo very high up, beneath SH block there's many a smaller building. This means a much more crowded perspective may well open up as judges descend the skedways.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

There was a photo floating about somewhere with workmen on a skedway im sure.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Mario Di Giacomo

Quote from: strontium71 on 08 June, 2012, 07:06:34 PM
You must be so happy now , Michael , now that the images are coming out and you you can speak more freely!
What does the writing say on the Lawgiver? I can't quite read it other than 'SEMI'

Looks like they may be ammo counters.  It's blurry, but it looks like:

0.0.0|00ap|03??|021x|051ml

ap = armour-piercing?
The others would be other ammo type.
Mario Di Giacomo

Michaelvk

Quote from: bewareofgeek on 08 June, 2012, 08:57:24 PM
You must be so happy now , Michael , now that the images are coming out and you you can speak more freely!
What does the writing say on the Lawgiver? I can't quite read it other than 'SEMI'

ap = armour-piercing?

Yup.. Armour piercing, High explosive and incendiary, if I recall correctly.. Oh, and standard 9mm.. I think ..

Mario Di Giacomo

Quote from: Michaelvk on 08 June, 2012, 09:07:32 PM
Quote from: bewareofgeek on 08 June, 2012, 08:57:24 PM

ap = armour-piercing?

Yup.. Armour piercing, High explosive and incendiary, if I recall correctly.. Oh, and standard 9mm.. I think ..

Cool.  You wouldn't happen to remember the actual abbreviations used. would you?
Mario Di Giacomo

James Stacey

No double whammy? For shame :D