Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: blackmocco on 10 June, 2012, 10:46:29 PM

Hard not to get a chill looking at Dredd heading back out to the city although [spoiler]I suspect that this is one of the final shots of the movie as opposed to the beginning.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I think the chase to the building is in daylight.[/spoiler]

blackmocco

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 June, 2012, 10:45:57 PM
as in fan-page with a weird smorgasboard of photoshoppery.

Everyone's an artist now, eh? Everyone thinks they can improve everything. Nobody's ever happy. Waiting, waiting, waiting for this stuff and then as soon as it gets released, showing you how they can do it better. There's some fuckstick on Facebook moaning about how Dredd stole the poster idea from some ghastly piece of shite he threw together in Photoshop. (Chris Nolan stole his idea for the Batpod as well, just so you know...) Don't understand people. This stuff has made my fucking weekend.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

blackmocco

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 June, 2012, 10:50:15 PM
Quote from: blackmocco on 10 June, 2012, 10:46:29 PM

Hard not to get a chill looking at Dredd heading back out to the city although [spoiler]I suspect that this is one of the final shots of the movie as opposed to the beginning.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I think the chase to the building is in daylight.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Yeah, that's true maybe. I just assumed with the proximity of Sternhammer block in the background that this was Peach Trees he was exiting...[/spoiler]

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Mario Di Giacomo

Quote from: The Adventurer on 10 June, 2012, 10:39:18 PM
Again, this is a personal opinion, when I imagine Mega City 1 in my mind, its a congested mass of city blocks, skyways, air traffic, and crime. An island of a cyberpunk nightmare nestled in the wreckage of a post-apocalyptic world.

I tend to see it as resembling The City from Trassmetropolitan.  Probably because I read Transmet first.
Mario Di Giacomo

wadew1

I think [spoiler]it has to be Peach Trees. The chase at the beginning takes place at night. Plus, Sternhammer is right near it and the script calls for daylight at the end of the movie.[/spoiler]

JOE SOAP

Quote from: wadew1 on 10 June, 2012, 11:01:35 PM
I think [spoiler]it has to be Peach Trees. The chase at the beginning takes place at night. Plus, Sternhammer is right near it and the script calls for daylight at the end of the movie.[/spoiler]

We know it's Peach Trees from the exterior and block entry, but, [spoiler]the released showreel footage shows the chase has been filmed in daylight and different from the script.[/spoiler]

Michaelvk

As I sit here in my apartment in Cardiff bay, I look out over Bute dock towards the city.. I know that the city itself is pretty dense, as most large population centres are.. However even looking at the place from here, I'm not getting the full view, as the capitol building is blocking my view.. Point being that Meg 1's density can't be judged from one angle.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Misanthrope

Quote from: Michaelvk on 10 June, 2012, 11:34:02 PM
As I sit here in my apartment in Cardiff bay, I look out over Bute dock towards the city.. I know that the city itself is pretty dense, as most large population centres are.. However even looking at the place from here, I'm not getting the full view, as the capitol building is blocking my view.. Point being that Meg 1's density can't be judged from one angle.

Hint, hint.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

Stan

Whoops. Didn't see your post on the page.

Michaelvk

Quote from: Misanthrope on 10 June, 2012, 11:46:00 PM

Hint, hint.

Not really.. That's the first I've seen of MC1 too.. Just saying you can't judge an entire city from a snapshot.. For instance, we all know New York is pretty bloody dense, yet in this pic from the Empire state building, you wouldn't think it was -that- overwhelming..

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 June, 2012, 11:08:29 PM

We know it's Peach Trees from the exterior and block entry, but, [spoiler]the released showreel footage shows the chase has been filmed in daylight and different from the script.[/spoiler]

Couldn't those shots have been day-for-night, Soap?

FX boy was only showing off the work he did; a different CGI wonk could have been charged with making everything blue- the odd cinematic shorthand for dead of night.

Michaelvk

...and then you look the other direction.. Different story..

Bat King

Good point Michael.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

blackmocco

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 10 June, 2012, 11:08:29 PM

Did I miss this...? You got a link Joe...?

www.BLACKMOCCO.com