Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 15 June, 2012, 11:31:22 AM
  Personally I'd be more of a fan of the 'gigapolis of crazies' approach to MC-1 than the 'neo-noir future crime', but I don't think bellywheels, muties and Citizen Snork have been on the cards for quite a while now.  If that's the price of a good film, I'll happily pay it.

Not to mention the extra cost of out-fitting such a milieu which probably would've meant the Judges would be of the cut-price variety wearing lycra rather than leather.

a chosen rider

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 June, 2012, 11:38:03 AMNot to mention the extra cost of out-fitting such a milieu which probably would've meant the Judges would be of the cut-price variety wearing lycra rather than leather.

Thank you for the mental image of Judge Dredd wearing bicycle shorts.

...Wait, I'm not sure "thank" was actually the word I meant there.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

New pics look great and more importantly signal a shift to what could be a media deluge :)

The near future apparel vibe works for me, as been said not all will afford nor have the luxury of the latest tech clothing.
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Beeks

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 15 June, 2012, 11:20:08 AM
They look like obvious extras to me rather than crew, not just cos of how they look but by the fact that they wouldn't be in those positions during a shoot because they'll likely end up in the angle of shot.

There's an extra on the far left of the 'Avon arrested' picture behind the camera that looks like a female shop-clerk in a red apron, sandals and beige cap.

Oh I see..so what was their brief?

Stand around and look bored?
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

wadew1

If those people were crew, they'd be doing something.

or pretending to do something.

Beeks

If you look at the direction of the camera..the only people in shot are Dredd, Anderson and the perp
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Steve Green

Because cameras never move around.

Goaty

Quote from: Beeks on 15 June, 2012, 12:20:13 PM
If you look at the direction of the camera..the only people in shot are Dredd, Anderson and the perp

Well right, and it looks like they standby, and about to filming or line up?

clavell

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 15 June, 2012, 08:37:28 AM
Urban IS Dredd.

Damn right !

It just keeps getting better  :D

- C
Writing Future Shocks is hard !

Steve Green

Quote from: Goaty on 15 June, 2012, 12:21:38 PM

Quite, it could be rehearsal, it could be prior to a take...

johnnystress

''This 3D animated version ''?

JOE SOAP

It's a still shot and if you know anything about how wide (and short) angle lenses work, youll know how they can capture a lot more in terms of periphary than the human eye and there's a high probability that it's capturing the peeps directly behind Dredd & Anderson plus there's two cameras on the end of that arm since it's 3D.

As Steve implied cameras move and that one in the picture definitely does since it's on a mobile-jib/arm.

Beeks

Quote from: Steve Green on 15 June, 2012, 12:25:44 PM

Or not..as the case may be

I'm not saying they are crew..I'm not saying they are extras

What I am saying is it's likely that there are crew behind the shot

The lady with the pinafore is obviously cast..you cannot vouch for the rest unless you were part of the production team

TordelBack

Must say, that shoulder eagle looks even better than I had imagined - I love the bit of relief.  If the popular rumour that Wagner had some input there is true, I doff my frequently-doffed cap.  If it was already there in the original design, I'm even more impressed. 

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Beeks on 15 June, 2012, 12:29:39 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 15 June, 2012, 12:25:44 PM

Or not..as the case may be

I'm not saying they are crew..I'm not saying they are extras

What I am saying is it's likely that there are crew behind the shot

The lady with the pinafore is obviously cast..you cannot vouch for the rest unless you were part of the production team

It's likely a rehearsal since that is the time stills photographers are allowed to take their snaps. Not good to have people taking photos during takes and causing a distraction.