Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syne

Man, that "stonejones" aka whatever guy is really stinking up the facebook page. It'd be nice if they could ban him, though I guess he'd just turn up under a different name. Criticism is one thing, but that level of obsession is creating a weird atmosphere over there.

Frank

I'm beginning to think there might be something in all this after all. The angles seem a little off in this reverse view too. Subsidance?

Syne

Quote from: bikini kill on 17 June, 2012, 12:04:43 AM
I'm beginning to think there might be something in all this after all. The angles seem a little off in this reverse view too. Subsidance?

Another thing: why are there so many cranes and camera rigs in Mega City 1??! Clearly this film is doomed to failure etc ( ;) )

blackmocco

Quote from: Syne on 16 June, 2012, 11:58:06 PM
Man, that "stonejones" aka whatever guy is really stinking up the facebook page. It'd be nice if they could ban him, though I guess he'd just turn up under a different name. Criticism is one thing, but that level of obsession is creating a weird atmosphere over there.

It's so weird that he's obsessed with ensuring the movie is NOT going to be good! Most people freak out about stuff being good even when it's crap. He's the opposite. 'Lampy' doesn't even begin to cover it...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Judge_T

Quote from: blackmocco on 17 June, 2012, 01:25:46 AM
Quote from: Syne on 16 June, 2012, 11:58:06 PM

It's so weird that he's obsessed with ensuring the movie is NOT going to be good! Most people freak out about stuff being good even when it's crap. He's the opposite. 'Lampy' doesn't even begin to cover it...

He's one of those crazy people that find it cool to hate on something popular or he's just trolling to get attention.

Stan

I don't think it's trolling in the traditional sense. A person like that has to be emotionally disturbed. It's actually sad if you think about it.

But I prefer not to think about it.

blackmocco

Well folks, I don't what to tell yiz. It's true, someone on Facebook claims they've preview tickets to a screening of Dredd on Wednesday here in Los Angeles. Upon a hunch, I drove up to Burbank's biggest theater chain where he claims he saw Prometheus this morning and I kid you fucking not, I now have tickets to see Dredd!! On Wednesday!!!! Fucking unbelievable!

Oh and "Dredd will be rated 'R' for strong bloody violence, language, drug use and some sexual content".

GET IN!!!!!!!!!

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

Stan

Nice one. Can't wait to see what a non-suit thinks of it.

JOE SOAP

blackmocco

I think my nine-year old thought I'd lost my mind. We were sitting in a restaurant eating dinner and then I just upped and told her we were driving to Burbank to look for tickets. Walked around like a gombeen looking for someone with a clipboard and just as I was about to leave, lo and behold, out he emerges from the masses holding a Dredd A4.

I'm dangerously excited but as I drove home (blasting Black Sabbath) I started to get an awful worry about why they're screening a movie with no trailer three months before it's due to be released. They're testing it for sure and I hope that doesn't mean they're concerned about the violence. I predict lots of comment cards afterward...

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

JOE SOAP

Quote from: blackmocco on 17 June, 2012, 03:25:18 AM
I'm dangerously excited but as I drove home (blasting Black Sabbath) I started to get an awful worry about why they're screening a movie with no trailer three months before it's due to be released. They're testing it for sure and I hope that doesn't mean they're concerned about the violence. I predict lots of comment cards afterward...

Make sure you comment: not violent enough.

*What Sabbath album?

blackmocco

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath!

www.BLACKMOCCO.com

JOE SOAP

JOE SOAP

If it's bad, how are you ever going to break it to the rest of us?

blackmocco

Unfortunately, I don't know if my opinion can be objective at first. Haha! I thought Stallone's one was great for about six months until sanity slowly seeped in...

www.BLACKMOCCO.com