Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

Just tell us the nonscrots' reactions.
... and the approximate runtime!  :)

Stella Dave

I don't know which I'm most jealous of...livin in LA, wait...cruisin through LA blasting Sabbath, wait...cruisin through LA blasting Sabbath on yer way to get DREDD preview tickets!!?
I long to go to LA, I'm half tempted to sell up and come over for the preview!

Very exciting news but it's a concern showing the preview in the US before cutting it for general release, they have a very different view to us Brits (where DREDD was created). It'll be very annoying if we hear about bits that've been cut which we'll probably never see (DVD extra?).
Personally I agree with Beaky about the perspective, it means nowt to me but I can understand how it would annoy people in the know but it's boring readin about it over and over!  :o

Anyhoo, your one lucky B! ENJOY.
Mocco, the world awaits YOUR (Honest Scot's) review! No pressure... :lol:

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 17 June, 2012, 03:28:17 AM
Quote from: blackmocco on 17 June, 2012, 03:25:18 AM
I'm dangerously excited but as I drove home (blasting Black Sabbath) I started to get an awful worry about why they're screening a movie with no trailer three months before it's due to be released. They're testing it for sure and I hope that doesn't mean they're concerned about the violence. I predict lots of comment cards afterward...

Make sure you comment: not violent enough.

Perm any three from the list above.

Steve Green

Good job a certain person's not in the audience, they'd wipe out the rest of the fucking Amazon filling cards with his comments.

Have fun - at least it makes up for 2-T-Fru-T and getting nuked...

TordelBack

Quote from: Stella Dave on 17 June, 2012, 10:07:21 AMMocco, the world awaits YOUR (Honest Scot's) review! No pressure... :lol:

Are you saying Blackmocco is S*o*o?

TordelBack

Meant to add a winking smiley there.

Mike Carroll

Quote from: Pete Wells on 17 June, 2012, 09:38:33 AM
Quote from: blackmocco on 17 June, 2012, 03:38:50 AM
Unfortunately, I don't know if my opinion can be objective at first. Haha! I thought Stallone's one was great for about six months until sanity slowly seeped in...

You lucky sod Blackmocco, I'm thrilled to bits for you!

I was exactly the same about the Stallone Dredd for about the same length of time. Attack of the Clones too, I think I was too blinded by love of the subject matter to be objective.

Same here, for both of those movies and quite a few others (Star Trek: Generations, Spider-Man 3, Heat, Die Hard 2, Bram Stoker's Dracula...).

- Mike

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 17 June, 2012, 10:28:37 AM
Meant to add a winking smiley there.

Are you saying he's a winker?

chuffsteruk

Why would they be testing a film that's already received it's`R`rating and is therefore in it's finished state? :-\

JOE SOAP

They do that with most films. A rating has got nothing to do with how an audience will react and changes in the US do not meant changes for the rest of the world.

CraveNoir

So Lionsgate will have some idea how it'd be received and can budget and plan for marketing accordingly, and maybe give the number crunchers an idea of how well it's going to perform?

Frank

Quote from: CraveNoir on 17 June, 2012, 10:56:46 AM
So Lionsgate will have some idea how it'd be received and can budget and plan for marketing accordingly, and maybe give the number crunchers an idea of how well it's going to perform?

If the film scores highly with a certain demographic (the type of people who actually go and see films), the Producers can present that information to theatre owners and lobby for more showings on more screens. Blackmocco should share his tickets with a group of young men aged 18-35 for maximum curve-skewing effect.

Danbo

Also IF it's good it's a great way to cheaply spread the word on the internet.
It''s already rated,the financiers have already seen it,could be they are quietly confident and they are going for a cheeky word of mouth exercise to kick start the campaign.
Or they are unsure about the gore? It's Sunday,I'm waffling,who cares.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Frank

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 17 June, 2012, 11:11:37 AM
Also IF it's good it's a great way to cheaply spread the word on the internet.
It''s already rated,the financiers have already seen it,could be they are quietly confident and they are going for a cheeky word of mouth exercise to kick start the campaign.
Or they are unsure about the gore? It's Sunday,I'm waffling,who cares.

Once the few self-selecting amateur critics among the two or three hundred random yahoos in that screening audience take to the internet, the impressive PR lockdown period of this film's gestation is officially over.

IAMTHESYSTEM

You can scale your Song related Movie review chart blackmocco.

No 1:Black Sabbath=Top Movie ever.

No2: Led Zeppelin.= Super genius

No3: Metallica = Hot metal thrashtastic etc,
etc, etc

No50:The corpse of Micheal Jackson=minging badly
etc,etc,etc

No 100:Any 'Dance' tune you care to mention=Total codpiece.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla