Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darnmarr

I agree; it looks way better with all this detail.- cannot wait.

Mudcrab

Quote from: Syne on 29 June, 2012, 11:34:22 PM
Man, I want to live in O'Neil Block.

Screw you! I'm with Ezquerra block!  :D

Arsom (Goaty  ;)) thing from Garland, this thing's in good hands indeed.
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Beeks

Quote from: Mudcrab on 30 June, 2012, 12:21:01 AM
Quote from: Syne on 29 June, 2012, 11:34:22 PM
Man, I want to live in O'Neil Block.

Screw you! I'm with Ezquerra block!  :D

Arsom (Goaty  ;)) thing from Garland, this thing's in good hands indeed.

I hate those O'Neil cits..always looking down on us Ezquerras

I say we take them out

BLOCK WAR!!
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

The detail is breathtaking they have done a really superb job in my eyes. :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Michaelvk

I wonder how many idiots are going to think that's what cape town actually looks like..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

JOE SOAP

You mean it doesn't?

Beeks

Quote from: Michaelvk on 30 June, 2012, 12:29:38 AM
I wonder how many idiots are going to think that's what cape town actually looks like..

How the Drokk are you posting on here?

Last time I saw you were being hauled into a pat-wagon after the riots?
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Stan

Well clearly the names are photoshopped but everything else looks kosher.

DKCX

Did Alex Garland come across your story here on the forum?

The Sherman Kid

Happy for you Blackmocco- Alex Garland is a real gent.Very nice touch with the block names too.

Beaky Smoochies

Good one, blackmocco dude, glad for you, and kudos to Alex Garland for one nice gesture, hope you've started thinking about that sequel already Alex, Dark Judges perhaps?
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

darnmarr

I'd like to think that someone told Mr Garland of Blackmocco's plight,-rather than think of him trawling through these threads; that just seems kinda freaky somehow.

Bubba Zebill

Trying to stay off the thread until I see the film, but wow, those new shots are something else! I've said before but so many future cities look so similar, yet this MC1 is so distinctive. I can't think of another film that has a city like this. It's a double triumph because it's oppressive, citizens are packed together in the blocks yet the place looks so lonely. I wonder if the creators were aware they would get name-checked?
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Syne

Quote from: BOODA on 30 June, 2012, 08:42:45 AM
Trying to stay off the thread until I see the film, but wow, those new shots are something else! I've said before but so many future cities look so similar, yet this MC1 is so distinctive. I can't think of another film that has a city like this. It's a double triumph because it's oppressive, citizens are packed together in the blocks yet the place looks so lonely. I wonder if the creators were aware they would get name-checked?

I agree on it looking quite unique, also on the lonely feel. It almost looks to me as though the blocks were part of a massive construction project that got curtailed by disaster - nuclear war, I guess - leaving no money or resources to fill in the wasteland/old buildings between them.

Stan

I kinda took it as an emergency post-war building project, under heavy construction.