Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CraveNoir

James

It's annoying how that review constantly calls Anderson Cassandra.

Stan

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 12 July, 2012, 10:45:04 PM
Quote from: Stan on 12 July, 2012, 10:32:55 PMI can't promise we'll try, but we promise to try to try.

I promise not to try at all.

Yes, but you do look like Mark Hamill.

Quote from: CraveNoir on 12 July, 2012, 10:52:09 PM
DREDD runtime: 96 minutes

http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117947892?refcatid=31

FINALLY. That actually sounds like the perfect runtime for a film like this.

Stu101

Wow, what a day. Been great to see the twitterverse light up with postitive comments, reviews also sounding good from people who may have no following of Dredd as a character.
Blackmocco enjoyed it and gave us enough to really start to salivate.
This is all starting to point towards something amazing happening for Dredd in September for fans and newbies.
Just wondering how newbies will take to present day JD if they pick up a prog on the back of seeing the movie? I guess they'll just have to plough through Case Files, which is no bad thing :)
Talking of which, where should I post questions regarding order of stories to read? My last Trade was The Pit, and I'm wanting to be ready for Day of Chaos when it gets collected together... I suppose I've now posed that question here... doh!

Also I want some bespoke 3D glasses that have been turned into the Dredds headgear to wear to the movie, just imagine row after row of people wearing lids, that'd look much cooler than the stupid glasses :)

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Stu101 on 12 July, 2012, 11:01:48 PM
Just wondering how newbies will take to present day JD if they pick up a prog on the back of seeing the movie? I guess they'll just have to plough through Case Files, which is no bad thing :)

Yanks'll be reading the IDW Dredd.

blackmocco

Have to say, most people I spoke to last night had never read the comic. They had heard of it but never read it and really, their biggest exposure to Dredd was the Stallone movie. I guess the good news is they were aware the Stallone version wasn't accurate so they were curious to see a new one. Maybe the IDW stuff will change that. I'm doubtful. I believe the movie will make people curious to read the original stuff though.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

a chosen rider

Quote from: Stu101 on 12 July, 2012, 11:01:48 PMTalking of which, where should I post questions regarding order of stories to read? My last Trade was The Pit, and I'm wanting to be ready for Day of Chaos when it gets collected together... I suppose I've now posed that question here... doh!

This thread covers it pretty well.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Stu101

Thanks Chosen Rider, nice steer. I'll be filling in any gaps I have pretty soon me thinks, should kill the agonising 8 week wait til Dredd arrives, and by the sounds of it, kicks serious butt!

CraveNoir

http://screencrave.com/2012-07-12/comiccon-2012-master-web-exclusive-dredd-3d-clip-debut/

New clip on here. not available yet, but might become so in an hour or two when the Dredd Panel happens at about 00:30am

CraveNoir

It'll be available at 1am ... now that I'v actually read the page!

Goaty

Well I make sort of poster, OKAY! I was having quiet night as two months is too long!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: CraveNoir on 12 July, 2012, 11:36:37 PM

I'll never get to bed now!

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 12 July, 2012, 11:40:27 PM
Quote from: CraveNoir on 12 July, 2012, 11:36:37 PM

I'll never get to bed now!

1am ? Sheesh wondered why it wasnt on. Oh well i'll wait up. Anyone for a synthi-cafTM and MunceBun ?
Never rub another mans rhubarb

MR. ELIMINATOR

I am so excited I don't know what to do! So many links to click!!

Michaelvk

Gagh! I was wanting to go to bed soon.. No way am I waiting until I get to work tomorrow though..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..