Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michaelvk

This, people, has been an awesome day of Dredd goodness, and that clip just rounded it off nicely.. I'm off to bed now. Happy.
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Michaelvk

You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Quote from: CraveNoir on 13 July, 2012, 01:31:13 AM
Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 13 July, 2012, 01:13:42 AM
Anyone got a link to that interview from Comic Con please ?

Which one? The Masters of the Web Panel which apparently turned into a bit of a Dredd Panel as Urban was hosting? There's no write up or video of it yet.
The Olivia Thirlby interview was live here, and might become available on replay. I have an audio copy.

Can always count on you Crave, thanks. :)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

Stan

Quote from: Michaelvk on 13 July, 2012, 01:15:49 AM
Quote from: dweezil2 on 13 July, 2012, 01:09:55 AM

Those Lawgivers are lethal!

I love 'em!  :D

Well, it is a gun after all :)

Great to see the thing in action (though I noticed a reversed shot..).. The guys that put them together (Jason Wright, for the most part.. They really were his baby on set..) did an excellent job there..

It really does live up to its name. It's like a character in of itself. Any half-decent robocop needs a memorable gun.

Quote from: dweezil2 on 13 July, 2012, 01:17:47 AM
Quote from: Stan on 13 July, 2012, 01:09:45 AM
Was it removed? I can't seem to post it on Facebook.

Age restricted I think.

It links at least. I was just a bit confused because no title or thumbnail showed up.

blackmocco

I would watch this movie 100 times in a row.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

PreacherCain

Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 13 July, 2012, 01:46:26 AM
Quote from: CraveNoir on 13 July, 2012, 01:31:13 AM
Quote from: Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty) on 13 July, 2012, 01:13:42 AM
Anyone got a link to that interview from Comic Con please ?

Which one? The Masters of the Web Panel which apparently turned into a bit of a Dredd Panel as Urban was hosting? There's no write up or video of it yet.
The Olivia Thirlby interview was live here, and might become available on replay. I have an audio copy.

Can always count on you Crave, thanks. :)

Aw I can't find it  :(

COMMANDO FORCES

That was Drokkin' beautiful, the colours, the movement, the round impacts and exit holes, just stunning! That last one as the blood 3D'd out the screen with the follow through of flesh was spot on. Hurry up September, I need to see this NOW!

PreacherCain

Interview was posted already (http://badassdigest.com/2012/07/12/comic-con-2012-karl-urban-talks-dredd-and-abrams/) but I quite like this bit, even with the silly mistake at the start...

QuoteJohn Wagner's 2000 AD, from which the movie is adapted (hyuck hyuck), was Urban's favorite comic growing up. He said that what draws him to the character is that "He's a constant. Everyone else changes around him, but he remains. He has a lot of humanity, but it's buried deep. On the surface, he's a rock. And I love his humor. He has this wonderfully dry, laconic sense of humor. I'm glad that translated last night - the audience seemed to love it." Wagner has seen the film and loves it, and Urban says "If there was one person whose opinion I cared about, one person I wanted to impress, it was him."

OK it sounds a bit like PR guff that actors are trained to say but even so, I still like that they're going down this route of talking about the creators of the character. You don't get that with many other comic book films. And Urban's view of the character is pretty spot-on.

Also... hadn't heard this before  :o

QuoteDredd's an intense, extraordinarily action-packed film, and it seems like the shoot was grueling. A stuntman fell from a height of twelve to fifteen feet, breaking a bone that splintered through his leg. And that was the "soft story." The "hard story" is that one day while shooting in Cape Town, Urban heard a "high-pitched scream, this raspy noise" like nothing he'd ever heard before. A man, fully engulfed in flames, fled onto the set because he saw the on-set ambulance. He didn't work on the film, but he was working on a generator nearby when there was an accident. All of the crew stopped what they were doing and put out the flames and administered to the man, but he died that day at the shoot.

DKCX

Makes the wait till the September 7th release even more excruciating.
This is just bloody awesome rolled into more awesome.
Where are all the naysayers and so called "Dreddhead" fans now who got it completely wrong.
This is a good day for proper fans who kept the faith with this movie and stood by it through thick and thin.
The missus is definately in for a surprise with this movie. She loves the violent stuff.  :)

CYCLOPZ

SuperSurfer

I got in late, did some doodling, at 3am as a delaying tactic I thought I'd see if there are any updates on Dredd and I see that clip! I laughed out in disbelief and let out loudly a few times with a big grin: "****in' hell!"

I never thought we'd get something like that. What a way to put Dredd back on track. They didn't remake the Stallone version. They pissed all over it. Bloody hell it looks good.

DKCX

Danbo

A clip for breakfast,oh Mr Dredd you're spoiling me  :P

but I don't want to see anymore,it's amazing is all I need to know....please don't show owt else because I'[m like a child,I can't control myself with goodies like this.

So drokking pummped.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Beaky Smoochies

Mostly positive reviews, a fantastic clip released, and the web abuzz with all things Dredd, the countdown has started, it has begun; be excited, be VERY drokkin' excited, I know I am...next stop September 7th, all aboard, this is gonna be one heckuva ride!!!
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Goaty

Wow!!

Nice bullet fire effect!

Blood over the widescreen? Nice unexpected for 3D viewers!

High ex!!!